CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Newie to the Forum - just bought a cls55 last week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls55 AMG
Newie to the Forum - just bought a cls55 last week

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a cls55 amg last week. It's 2006 black with black leather. It's got the 19" 5 spoke AMG wheels and I'm loving apart from the mpg! Lol

Anyway I was advised by a forum in the UK that this is the best forum for the cls55 amg. So here I am. Hopefully I could learn lots from you all about the car and when I've saved a little more money the mods I could do. It fab the way it is but I'm sure there is room for a little improvement.

Quick question; what does the m, c, & s button used for and what do they stand for. Im still waiting for the full vehicle pack from the merc dealers.

Also suspension setting when I press the button it's comfort, sport 1 and sport 2. Is sport 2 the most sporty setting?

That's alll for now but I will be updating my profile with a few pics. It's a shame I haven't been able to drive it due to snowy weather here in the UK. Being rear drive I didnt want to risk anything.

Regards, Azam
Old 02-11-2012, 03:42 PM

2003 Lincoln LS V8
M, C and S are your transmission settings. M is for manual mode, C is comfort, and S is sport.

I'd assume Sport 2 is the sportiest setting, but since I don't have a CLS I'm not 100% certain.

You'd get better results posting in the CLS section instead of the CL section.

There are a lot of little things you'll discover as you drive it, and a lot of things you'll learn from the manuals (the full set is like a small library). Have fun once the snow clears!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:46 PM

Cls55 AMG
M, c, s button

Hi StarPower,

Thanks for the reply. Your right I should have put the post under the cls55 section. I have done now.

Excellent I look forward to the snow clearing up so I can experience the car.

Azam
Old 02-11-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
manual setting is useless since it will shift exactly the same as comfort or sport mode. The steering wheel buttons and the shifter + and - are always active so why does there need to be such redundancy? Comfort mode starts the car from a dead stop in 2nd gear and Sport mode starts in 1st as God intended. Leave it in S just as every sane driver of these cars does. My S65 only has Sport and Comfort for suspension settings so I am not sure about "sport 2".
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55-AMG
I too was advised to join this forum from the UK and am about to purchase a CL55 AMG 500BHP. So checking out as many comments and guidelines as possible. I've so far been advised to check for rusting arches and suspension. The two I viewed on Thursday was a real eye opener as I learnt about ABC. And on one of them, I'm pretty certain it was knackered.

Last edited by RichN2O; 02-18-2012 at 07:04 AM.