CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

New Here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 cl65 AMG, 2014 e63s AMG
New Here

Hi All,

Last Saturday I picked up a 2005 cl65 amg with 51k on the clock. This is my first MB. I will post some pictures in the next few days. The first thing I'm planning for the car is to lower it (can't get over the ride height from the factory). I'm planning on lowering using links for now.

Future modifications I am planning include:

Dension Gateway 500 with bluetooth. (I can't live without my phone and music integrated into the car). My car has no aux input but does have a phone cradle.

Upgraded cooling pump and heat exchanger.

Methanol injection. I have an 85 Porsche 930 with a highly modified motor that uses methanol. It keeps the intake temps down and allows me to run more boost.

ECU/TCU tune.

I do have a question... My trunk fails to automatically open when the car is locked. Let me explain. When the car is unlocked and I hit the remote or the trunk release it opens and automatically raises up. However, when the car is locked the trunk will open (unlock) but not automatically raise up. I can raise the trunk by hand but it is a pain in the ***. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any ideas on where I can look to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

-LeoD