CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Cl55 or supra tt?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CL65
Originally Posted by radride
The T88H is a 76mm turbo. The manifold that it sat on is considered one of the best on the market and worth its weight in gold. Definitely a badass turbo.

R.K.
I wish I would have kept a few things from my supra days. The only thing I have left is an original Ross Machine intake manifold which is new in box and glass headlights which are also brand new.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65,458 Italia,GNX,GS430
Get a CL65

They run around 22lbs stock but speedriven is seeing close to 40lbs safely cranked up....no blown motors. These 65 engines are the most sickest best built engineered smoothest reliable power plants to ever be developed. They make most anything short of a jet engine seem mundane in terms of ability and engineering insanity.... I use to build twin turbo 1500+hp motors. I know what I am saying...

There is a difference going fast and going fast with class.
The last gen CL class is now a classic body style and people are looking at it in a whole new way...I get more compliments on my 65 and googoo eyed people lately then ever before. People and car guys just stare at it wondering wtf it is and wtf v12 biturbo is and why it sounds like a jet plane but has a Mercedes emblem... Priceless and the cars deserve it. For real!
AMG separates the men from the boys.
Rarely can I get a good race going with my 458 or my old GTR or my AMG. But at least I can say with my AMG my lady is comfortable and I am too and I am at any time a 1/4 peddle to the floor to beat anything I may run on the street. Torque is a car gurus best friend. I had to literally be full on throttle to get my GTR kicking ***. It wasn't stock either. It was HP logic tuned. But it was so geared I felt like I was riding a moped with a m80 up its ***.... And the clunking drove me nuts. I passed it off at 6800 miles to my brother who also didn't like the driving factor of it and sold it and bought a CLK black series for $65k...

But yes the GTRs hold value. That is for sure. And I loved the car but hated the ride. It was also a true testament to engineering bliss...

Now--
I own a 100k mile plus 2005. CL65...and also a 184k mile gs430... both cars could pass for 20k miles!!
As u can tell. I love high mile cars... They run better and when taking care of are better cars overall..
I updated my car with exterior carbon fiber and metallic black coated wheels.
added a black series badging... The car looks insane
And at over 100k miles even the interior is as new as a 10k mile car...try that in a supra-- the Supra interior goes to crap in no time flat...
I owned one back in 1998...
my CL65 has greatly and honestly been trouble free for well over 35k miles outside of maintenance. Even the suspension being 90% all orginal is perfect working order...I gave my 2009 GTR to my brother to jump back into my CL65...i currently have a HE front mount..a tune... A pump. And STRAIGHT exhaust ... No cats. Just flow trough stainless mufflers at the back.

FYI a CL65 is more aerodynamic then a z06 and Bugatti veyron...it pulls a .29CD...
I wouldn't trade the car for anything short of another late model 65.

AND being that these ultra rare cars are so stupid cheap... It's a shame.
A supra over a 65 or even your cl55? No way in hell... It's like trading a Lamborghini LP640 for a a C5 corvette.
U will sacrifice quality and engineering and everything else...a Supra is a old rust box rattle box Toyota. A GTR is a different story. But I hated the tranny and the rough ride. So I dumped it... Sorry guys but my super car 458 Italia I own now on lease isn't even more cool to me then my AMG. I can out handle my Old GTR in my 65 and I beat it from many rolls... I owned both cars at the time so I had my fun...

Our cars are non existent in the muscle car world yet they are the highest caliber of a muscle car ever built...but the attention they r getting now is lovely...btw.what else holds the record for the most underrated torque in a production car? The CL65 has the record...btw torque moves mass not hp... So hp is a BS performance factor....since our cars are undervalued but I noticed recently they are getting a lot of attention. They are much more reliable when driven regularly and feedback is hitting the streets....And Since that s65 took that GTR and I have run a 10 second 1/4 mile in my car while the same night hitting 200 plus mph before I slowed down... Can a Supra do that without failing or costing $80k to build or buy??? No way. Stick to your AMG... They r special cars...

Last edited by v12TTSatanic65; 08-30-2012 at 06:50 AM.