CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Is there a such thing as a cl with NO abc issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 CL55 AMG
[QUOTE=HLG600;8073495]Interesting info. Could you please provide a link or part number for that custom line and dampener?

There are no part numbers for this line. I took the original dampening line to a hydraulic line supplier and they built me a high pressure duplicate with a female #6 AN line fitting on the end. Bought an adapter and modified the threaded end on a factory pulsation dampener so that it would screw into and seal on a lathe. Here are pics I took.

Dampener ball

Old line. Built one using 5000 psi double braid with an AN fitting on the end. Made a short adapter line to be able to place the ball in location.

Line end AN fitting #6

Ball assembly. I cut 2 foam blocks to go around ball. Cut ball end to except line adapter. Put a 60 degree angle to seal with adapter.

Ball assembly. I put the foam around it so all I need to mount is a couple big wire tie straps. Locating it under the front end just in front of the ac dryer. That way I didnt have to make custom mounting brackets without worrying about line wear or vibration wear from rubbing on something.

Hard to see but its mounted.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 CL55 AMG
After buying my wife's 06 CL55 I started by installing an inline magnetic filter. I bi monthly put the car on ramps crawling under her and giving her a wipe down for inspection ( the car not the wife) I take samples every 6 months of the ABC fluid to compare clarity too last sample. I replace fluid and flush every 30000 miles religiously. I have always believed if you keep accumulators in good shape so the system doesn't get pounded to death by deadheading and keep fluid clean then these systems are great. Has worked for me or I'm just lucky.

Samples....one new fluid...one month before flush I add a bottle of Seafoam hydraulic additive to breakup deposits...one sample just before flush. Seafoam sample shows deposites and is noticeably darker. I also monitor ABC pressure. 196 bar for the last 80000 miles and 5 years of daily driving.

The girls
The following 2 users liked this post by AMGHELLRAISER:
biker349 (06-05-2020), wizee (06-07-2020)