CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

W215 TUNED VS W 216 TUNDED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
Okay, well thank you for not providing much. Let's just agree to disagree. No harm. But I still stand with my opinion that a better driver will get a faster time.
I have an 05 ML500 I use as a beater. That thing gets beat up so badly lol But it always comes thru
Guy, I am not sure if you understand the concept but your parents cars don't actually count as your cars.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:32 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
But I still stand with my opinion that a better driver will get a faster time.
This is where you and I differ young man, I don't leave this type of data up to opinion.

Curious, have you ever been down the dragstrip? By the looks of everyones comments it looks like no?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Even though we have had a few heated discussions (none I personally take to take to heart my man btw) Just my car has NEARLY every performance mod available for this platform. Stage 3 plus with TCU Tune amongst other goodies. I feel like even though it is an Automatic, I like to actually control the way the car shifts. Is that seriously so wrong that people can't agree? BY 22, I have already totaled a CL55 (not my fault btw), and am on to my second one that is overhauled in every aspect. Mechanical to custom physical. I don't take them too "literally' Just gets quite repetitive from the same people. Just move on if you don't like me. I don't posts in your threads. I do actually compliment you to take them and offer your opinion as what make the car go/shift faster than just putting it into D and go. But I still maintain, give the same modded car to a better driver and he'll pull ahead.
Again, with the insults yet again, of course. I'm just used to it so

Originally Posted by nidyanazo
Haha sedecre must really be living under a rock. He dosn't understand memes.
He takes them literally. What a goofball.
Here's a reference site for ya: http://knowyourmeme.com/ Now you can decode those funny pictures with words on them

And as for the transmission issue, AMG carefully programed the transmissions shift points, no doubt- according to the engines power and optimized them. Plant your foot to the floor and the car shifts at the best times to go as fast as possible.

True, you may OVERRIDE that pre-determined setting, and shift at a DIFFERENT time, but will that make the car faster? No.

There ARE or course, MANY variables, like: available traction (especially at launch) tire pressure, wear on the car (how old is it? how has it been maintained? etc..) elevation above sea level, pavement conditions, bumps, humidity, gasoline types, air density/temps, humidity.. The list goes on and on.. Isn't this common knowledge?? THATS WHY the same model cars have such varying times, not because of the driver (although launching a car is still up to the driver, unless you drive something with launch control like a GTR. These are not manual sports cars without computers, where the driver makes a HUGE difference. These are sophisticated computer controlled machines with traction management and a million sensors that do alot of the work for you.)

Start modding the cars, and adding different tunes and then that may shift the maximum power making point. Now the stock TCU settings, optimized for a stock car may be off.
Then you may be able to manually shift at a different time, and go faster then if you left it in drive.
Go dyno the modded car, see exactly what RPM it makes peak power and torque, then you can see where to shift. Test the car in "D" and see if the shift point is still optimized, and if not, then you can use your ned data to shift at a better RPM to go faster then the factory setting. Or just shift with "M" mode anyways, because it's fun.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
550HP+ ///AMG CL55 Kompressor, Ducati 916bp, Yamaha R1 WSBK replica
Im not insulting you kid, calm down. You just don't understand the joking nature of internet memes to convey thoughts. Maybe it's not as widespread over in the EU as it is in the US. But I doubt it.

Anyway, shift manually, who the hell cares how you drive YOUR car?? Do whatever you like. Driving in "M"mode is fun, I personally do it when I go to canyon or mountain roads so I can select the gear I want- and hold it. To accelerate as fast as possible, the perfectly set and calibrated shift points that are computer controlled for maximum efficiency and speed, I'll leave it in sport auto. It knows exactly when to shift.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I have an 05 ML500 I use as a beater. That thing gets beat up so badly lol But it always comes thru
And here it is......right next to a brand new SL550.

Last edited by moosejaw; 12-17-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by iAMGod
Guy, I am not sure if you understand the concept but your parents cars don't actually count as your cars.
tell it to this guy

https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s...d-s63-lol.html

look at his profile:

"What up, just a 17 year old kid with a 2012 drop top Mercedes."

Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 AM

996tt
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
tell it to this guy

look at his profile:

Wow... these wieners are multiplying.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Banned

MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
And here it is......right next to a brand new SL550.

First of all, my ML is BLACK! Where's that?? Now it's silver? lol Not SILVER? What a retarded reply, yet again, by a loser lying poster. Okay... so where's the Black CL at my "so called house"??? You're so full of ****. And stalkerish. You're a a leech and have been proven wrong countless times. Why don't you just get your *** up and go to that address and see if you'll find anyone like me? You won't. You're just seeming more and more ridiculous Moosebreath
Old 12-18-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
tell it to this guy

look at his profile:

"HAHAH, peasant scrub. I wipe the floor with kids like you all day long.

I don't care if your first car is a Honda accord or a Bentley, you sound like a ******.

E350 is a bottom of the food chain girl's car. Disintegrate, fool."
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

best response ever. What a fckin clown....LOL!!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 PM

996tt
First of all, my ML is BLACK! Where's that?? Now it's silver? lol Not SILVER? What a retarded reply, yet again, by a loser lying poster. Okay... so where's the Black CL at my "so called house"??? You're so full of ****. And stalkerish. You're a a leech and have been proven wrong countless times. Why don't you just get your *** up and go to that address and see if you'll find anyone like me? You won't. You're just seeming more and more ridiculous Moosebreath
So the ML500 is 'yours'... whose is the CL?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iAMGod
So the ML500 is 'yours'... whose is the CL?
That's an SL in the picture?.....and beats me Not my house that this Mooseman keeps thinking it is! By the looks of it, that house cannot even park all the cars that my father, mother, sister an I have combined.
And the infamous CL that I haven't fully (although did post teasers) posted pics up of is.....wait for it...mine. Why would I post on here and be a part of every Euroteck CL group buy if it were my parents car? You think my busy, old school father really cares about carbon fiber and SLR shift knobs or knows what Eurocharged means? Come on man. It's just getting tiresome. I can withstand the torment but don't be surprised if I start to outburst back once in a while. I don't ever bother you. Can you just let me be? You enjoy your cars and I'll enjoy mine. When I see a post/thread made with your username, I have enough common sense not to even enter it, let alone reply. I'm not about the drama. But there are people that are about it, ESPECIALLY when it comes to me because I am far from the norm on this forum with what I do with my Benz's. And what's your justification for the drama/insults? A cheap little laugh? Does that make you happy? I hope it does and makes you feel popular on here. I know what I have, am happy with it and am still in the pursuit of bettering my vision for the ultimate W215. Can you let me do that in peace please, it's all I ask from you. Everyone won't like me, and it's fine, I don't ask for anyone's gratification or approval, just opinions of a few fellow AMG owners. That's why I joined, not to share everything I have or dwell into ,y personal business. It's gotten to the point that there's a witchhunt where I live. I feel like this place turns into PerezHilton and constant gossiping whenever I post lol It's gotten to the point I can't even simply ask what a cool colour for the CL would be without it going completely off track. Sad.

Last edited by zneB-sedecreM; 12-19-2012 at 01:04 PM.