CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Another ABC Issue & Dealer ripping me off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTS
Another ABC Issue & Dealer ripping me off

So last night I jump in the car and it feels sloppy. glance down ABC warning on. Drive it a mile and it feels like a pig, pulling to the right, feels like it has a flat.
I stop switch off, restart (just like windows :-) ) and it's fine again. happens a couple more times on re-starts. this morning it would not clear until on one restart the car literally "popped" up at the front- error message gone.

it's going to the dealer tonight- Any quick ideas on which ABC part is playing up.

Then I went through all the paperwork and realized it had a new front left strut in Feb (previous owner at a merc dealer 30 miles away) they just replaced it again when I took it in a month ago- so they replaced and charged for a 7 month old strut. I kept looking through the old bills and found there was also a new engine mount in Feb- and again- they just replaced it 2 weeks ago.

So- shouldn't this dealer have seen this part was replaced on their system( even though it was a different official Merc Dealer)? and shouldn't that part have been replaced for free.
it also leads me to believe I didn't need the engine mount or the left front strut- they just did it anyway. (they replaced tranny mount at same time and the other strut at the time they did that)
Thoughts i'm talking to the dealer about this when I take it in at end of the day, but any advice welcome.

(By the way- even wilder is this work was all covered by third party warranty and the warranty company never realized it was paying for parts that were only a few months old)
Old 12-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Sounds like your ABC pump is going out but you really need the codes read to diagnose.

All work done at official Mercedes service centers are on record and can be seen between them.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
Sounds like something isn't right with the service adviser you've been dealing with, or they are writing up work they tech doesn't really do. You have to remember that techs that work at dealers get paid on the work they do. I've heard stories of techs writing up multiple 15 hour main seal jobs that they never really do. Some people will do such things to flag 100 hours in a week.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:50 PM

AMG GTS
So amazingly they call me and tell me the front right strut they put on just a month ago was defective and they are replacing it for free.
So I had a front right strut in Feb, replaced in Nov. A new front right in Nov replaced now.
Something not right !

Barrier Bellevue Merc dealer for anyone local.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes Benz E63
What did they say when you confronted them about this?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by layzie12g
Sounds like something isn't right with the service adviser you've been dealing with, or they are writing up work they tech doesn't really do. You have to remember that techs that work at dealers get paid on the work they do. I've heard stories of techs writing up multiple 15 hour main seal jobs that they never really do. Some people will do such things to flag 100 hours in a week.

just for your info. that stuff doesnt really happen. MBusa would not allow that first of all as they monitor tickets remotely. secondly rear main seal jobs at most pay 6.5hours...less an that if under warranty. and 100 hours in a week can be done by one person performing all jobs correctly. I personally know from experience.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 PM

AMG GTS
Originally Posted by layzie12g
What did they say when you confronted them about this?
Not a lot, but I am waiting until I go in and will speak with the dealership manager.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes Benz E63
I heard this straight from a Land Rover master tech. Not Mercedes. He said that a lot of the people were eventually caught and fired for what they did. I do however think there are people in all trades that take advantage of the systems in place when they can to profit.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:26 PM

AMG GTS
Long story short...
Getting Merc to apologize was like getting blood from a stone. It took me saying I can't believe you have never even said, "sorry we screwed up" and finally after that, they actually apologized.
They offered me a discount on parts in the future to compensate me for the fact that they charged me for a part that was under warranty.
However, they also spotted the lowering module in my car and let me know they had called my warranty company and asked about coverage with after market parts and I should know that it should not be covered and it also voids there future warranty on any parts they fit.
I told them I felt like they were blackmailing me that they would call my warranty company and tell them. They said they simply wanted me to know in the future they would have to tell the warranty company.
very frustrating experience and all I really wanted was for them to put their hands up and apologize and getting to one single sorry took 5 conversations.
starting a separate thread about lowering modules based on the discussion we had.