CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Beyond ECU reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2013 | 08:34 AM

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG
Beyond ECU reset?

Alright, no laughing, I left my lights on yesterday and killed my battery. I know, I know. Jumped the car and off I went.

But as soon as I started driving, I thought I was in someone else's car. Holy jesus! It was like an ECU reset on steroids. Crazy quick throttle and shift response, I think I found 50 hp. I've done the ECU reset many times, and the car feels snappier afterwards, but this was something different indeed.

Any comments on this? How do I replicate this save disconnecting the battery every Saturday morning ?
Old 04-05-2013 | 09:39 AM

2005 CL55 AMG
You don't want to stay in your current mode... look at your MPG since last reset as you drive around and youll see you wont go past 5.
Old 04-05-2013 | 07:50 PM

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG
I've heard that, but never actually checked it. It's fun to reset the ECU before a weekend once in a while. I understand after 14 starts you're back in a mode adapted to your driving. But whatever draining the battery did for me, it was MUCH better than an ECU reset.
Old 06-07-2013 | 01:30 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
More than likely, all the parameters have been reset, not just the ECU as in the ECU reset. The car is basically trying to figure out "itself", now you just need to drive like an insane person everywhere to keep it feeling like this
Old 06-07-2013 | 03:47 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chazcon
Alright, no laughing, I left my lights on yesterday and killed my battery. I know, I know. Jumped the car and off I went.

But as soon as I started driving, I thought I was in someone else's car. Holy jesus! It was like an ECU reset on steroids. Crazy quick throttle and shift response, I think I found 50 hp. I've done the ECU reset many times, and the car feels snappier afterwards, but this was something different indeed.

Any comments on this? How do I replicate this save disconnecting the battery every Saturday morning ?
the ecu reset is mostly a placebo unless done via das. i have verified the adaptations after the throttle pedal reset and they were intact. so.. i dont think the throttle pedal trick to reset does anything. at least not to the engine.

you just experienced your first real ecu/tcu reset.

enjoy the accelleration and dont check your mpg
Old 06-07-2013 | 04:10 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by alx
the ecu reset is mostly a placebo unless done via das. i have verified the adaptations after the throttle pedal reset and they were intact. so.. i dont think the throttle pedal trick to reset does anything. at least not to the engine.

you just experienced your first real ecu/tcu reset.

enjoy the accelleration and dont check your mpg
Interesting, so the parameters don't actually change with the soft reset?
Old 06-07-2013 | 09:00 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not that I have seen. I did not look at the tcu adaptations but the engine adaptations were identical before and after the gas pedal reset.