CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Are rear adjustable camber arms needed at stock height???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
Are rear adjustable camber arms needed at stock height???

On my XF, I needed adjustable rear camber arms to get the car into factory spec even when running at stock height. Do you guys ever encounter that on the CL at stock ride heights? I'd hate to part with the SpeedyBenz adj camber arms if I might need them on the CL.

Last edited by Grip Grip; 05-10-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CL63AMG
Originally Posted by Grip Grip
On my XF, I needed adjustable rear camber arms to get the car into factory spec even when running at stock height. Do you guys ever encounter that on the CL at stock ride heights? I'd hate to part with the SpeedyBenz adj camber arms if I might need them on the CL.
Just get a good alignment done. We have other bolts they can be played with.
Had mine lowered and done. Rides great and numbers are on the money.
Do it where they pull chassis. They know which bolts to adj. Good luck
Old 05-13-2014, 01:47 AM
SPONSOR

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Grip Grip

There is only front and rear Toe adjustment OEM.

Problem with rear adjustable Camber arms is that they replace the upper factory arms and need to move top of tire outwards (thereby reducing all important clearance tire to outer fender) to reduce premature inner edge tire wear.

We saw the need to design/manufacture a precisely adjustable (single wrench) rear Camber kit to resolve this problem by adjusting inwards the lower arms. Then to combine extra Toe adjustment to compensate for this new Camber facility.

For the front you can purchase one position minimal adjustment crash bolts for Camber and Caster.

But again we saw the need "to fix it right the first time" with precisely adjustable kits with more than twice the adjustment range resolving premature edge wear, steering pull, improving traction. The result of curb knock damage, altering height, load carrying, fitting wide profile tires, etc.

K-MAC bushes at same time replace all the main wearing front and rear suspension bushings. No special tools required to fit.

Special promotion for month of May for USA/Canada MB World member is FedEx Air freight for $25 one kit or $35 front and rear kit (usually $70 and $85).

Old 05-17-2014, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
KmAC Can these give that extreme camber Japanese look ? Like this
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/47/002esa.jpg
But for a w215 CL coupe
know it eats tires but its for a show car

Last edited by tusabes; 05-17-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:33 PM
SPONSOR

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by tusabes
KmAC Can these give that extreme camber Japanese look ? Like this
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/47/002esa.jpg

Extreme lowering by itself will give that look.

The K-MAC patented front and rear kits can then adjust tires either way - inwards reducing this excess negative Camber and inner edge tire wear or outwards further increasing this negative Camber.

It is important to realize when compared to the only alternative "industry standard" - slot bolts - K-MAC adjusters not only allow precise, fully adjustable fine tuning of Camber and Caster for the first time (not just these hit or miss one position bolts) but current K-MAC kits offer 4 times the adjustment range!

With ongoing precise adjustment being just a single wrench on car, no disassembly required each time, when wanting to alter height, tire width or for curb knock damage.

The race industry K-MAC front kits are used to increase negative Camber and track width to gain faster lap times. In the ongoing pursuit to lower times, get onto the front row of the grid, set pole position!

It is all about front end traction - allowing to go deeper into the corners and being able to hit corner apex's every time.

While K-MAC rear kits also besides Camber combine extra Toe adjustment to fine tune and get power to the ground/traction.