CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Dyno mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
[QUOTE=Dr Matt;6056277]Lol, you have no idea... Still haven't had time to take the drag radials off the car, although I did watch all the videos my wife took of the races last night. I planned to load them on the computer tonight, but got busy with unloading the car, track stuff, pressure washed the driveway before putting away the trailer, had to replace the battery in my sons ATV. Before I could old the wheelers back in the trailer..... Trust me, the list goes on. I promise I'll start a thread once I have pics and video to show.

Here are a couple teasers

I love the license plate. I'm sure the police who pull you over like it a little less
Old 02-09-2020, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C Class C300 Cabriolet
Meh

[quote=Zax63;6056318]
Originally Posted by Dr Matt
Lol, you have no idea... Still haven't had time to take the drag radials off the car, although I did watch all the videos my wife took of the races last night. I planned to load them on the computer tonight, but got busy with unloading the car, track stuff, pressure washed the driveway before putting away the trailer, had to replace the battery in my sons ATV. Before I could old the wheelers back in the trailer..... Trust me, the list goes on. I promise I'll start a thread once I have pics and video to show.

Here are a couple teasers

I love the license plate. I'm sure the police who pull you over like it a little less

Tyres on this are mid range Conti’s - utter crap.

Heel toed if to break loose then then I could have some fun. It’s a lease so I’m not arsed about rubber depth.

one thing I’ve noticed. A) I wouldn’t swap my BMW 650i for this for all the tea in China. B) I want the drop top version of my own E63. Storm Ciara or whatever to the wind, I’ve never driven this car with its roof up. Sod it. A little water hurt no one. Aerofoil on the roof tip is a nice touch. Saved my eyes getting rinsed out with storm water on the motorway (I’m 6’1” and have the seat at max low).

overall nice car. I like it. Negatives. Too many pointless buttons. Plastic’y feel to everything, very little driver feedback. I’m not going to even mention the heated seats on all Mercs that dial back. Wtf? I want my *** warm! It’s Feb and I’ve got the top down. I don’t care that you can talk to Siri and Alexa and park yourself. Warm my *** you damned wheeled beast

IF I ever do part with my dear 650i (very not stock,, but very OEM looking, it would be for an AMG version of this.

Shame the boot can only fit two loaves of bread, a bottle coke from Tesco and an overnight bag.

Not a Merc hater at all. Had a few and loved them. My old 500 SEC still beats close to my heart. But in my honest opinion the equivalent BMW 4 series folding hardtop washes the floor with it.

I’ll reveal more on Mon/Tues when I get the M4 cab.

Best thing I can say about this car is my mum liked it. I’ll leave it at that.

p.s. Turbo lag is horrific in the C300. You need to keep it up to mid RPM to even feel a damned thing

a few pics of my current ride that’s in the shop. (An asshat reversed into it with a tow bar whilst I was watching. Then went all Mortal Fu*king Kombat mode and seemed to rapid fire punch a hole clean through the plate, bumper and even front crossmember! Cheeky sod tried to run. I ran faster and stood in front of his clapped out Zafira-given-up-on-life sh*tmoible until he got our keys in hand. I’m the most pacifistic man I know and I wanted to slap this guy.

Anyway PM me for more info, happy to rant 😂

my 650i (in case anyone cares lol) has a few odds and sods you’d not expect in it. Modified E92 M3 S62 fuel rails, Audi R8 big Bosch injectors, Dinan throttle body, Dinan throttle body spacer, twin Wahl pumps, 24kt gold intake wrap (this is NOT bling but makes a decent difference thanks X5 forums), my own design 3D printed Ram air scoup, custom engine map, custom gearbox map, straight piped to the stock rear mufflers. Hits 60 in 4 flat on a sticky day.

Last edited by Mark Skeldon; 02-09-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 137 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Fun fact

dyno mode was only available on 2003+ cars

somehow, my 2002 has it when other 2002 w215’s I’ve looked at do not . Not sure if this is because of control module updates or what , I do know my speedometer was replaced around 2006 under recall