CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

My beautiful 2005 CL 65 AMG won’t start ... help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 10:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 CL65 AMG
Originally Posted by ctravis595
I think they are incorrect. The check valve is inside of the fuel pump, or at least was the case on mine. The fuel filter on these cars has a built in regulator system, which I think is why they assumed it’s a fuel filter issue.

I solved this similar issue with my car by buying a nice Oem grade fuel pump, the cheap fuel pump replacement did not help

my car would usually start on the first crank but it would take the entirety of the start cycle for the engine to finally fire, every once in a while I would have to try starting the car twice

this eventually led to my starter dying from all the unnecessary work helping the fuel system get primed

furthermore, I tried rectifying this issue first by replacing the fuel filter as well. But be prepared to also need a fuel pump
Just trying to clarify - Did the replacement OEM grade fuel pump solve the extended crank issue?
Old 10-03-2019, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 138 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Yes
Old 04-29-2020, 02:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw
Originally Posted by PaystarCEO
EXTENDED CRANK ISSUE IS SOLVED.

Fuel Pump required replacing

A huge thanks to ctravis595
Explained exactly the same problem,
Originally Posted by PaystarCEO
Nox Vidmate VLC and the detailed solution ... and even corrected the dealerships prognosis.
To see the detailed solution just scroll down to ctravis595’s post.

Thank you everyone!
I am once again loving my car!!!!

-—————————
I’m absolutely loving my car ... Still!! I bought it 3 years ago with just over 16,000 miles on it, and I’ve put over 20,000 miles on it since.

But now Ive encountered my first problem!

It all started with an “extended ignition” ... my words for the car taking longer than normal to start. It was struggling to catch and then after 3 seconds or so the engine would start and the car worked perfectly. I KNEW I should have taken it in right away to get it checked out, but because the car ran well I became complacent. Then last week I went to start it and now I don’t even get an ignition attempt. There’s lots of battery power (I believe because all the lights work etc.).

I will add this - the start button on my gear shift is sticking, so I wonder if that might have something to go with the problem. When it does stick I tap it s few times and it comes loose. (Has a starter button sticking happened to anyone else before?)

in any case, I ASSUME it’s the starter, but thought I’d ask you folks if it could be something different, before having it taken in to get repaired.

Thanks,

Thanks

I have had batteries die just like you are experiencing - work one minute and not the next.

Last edited by zkaleem zaeq; 04-29-2020 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 138 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Glad to see the fuel pump replacement was the solution, I like to believe my experience as an mb owner has helped me become a better Diagnostic technician