CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Stock Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 11:50 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
CL55
Stock Spoiler?

Hey guys I wanted to add the oem trunk spoiler to my car anyone know where I can find one? Also not 100% sure its stock but does look like it. If you know where I can get a set of those rims too lmk!

a

Old 07-20-2020, 12:27 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
spoiler does not exist oem
https://www.mygermanride.com/product-p/06215ts.htm

those wheels are OEM, very rare and expensive
can be seen here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ml#post2842512
Old 07-20-2020, 05:29 PM

CL55
Originally Posted by pmercury
spoiler does not exist oem
https://www.mygermanride.com/product-p/06215ts.htm

those wheels are OEM, very rare and expensive
can be seen here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ml#post2842512
Wow I really thought it was oem, in person it looks so good, its not super big it fits perfect as if it where oem. As for the rims yes they are crazy expensive I am still looking for them.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:39 AM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Unless you get CL55 twin spoke two piece rims and paint the centers dark graphite, those are CL65 oem rims. Not sure about the fronts, but the rears are et60 offset, which is unique to the CL65. You may not like the stance. Take a close look at the rim vs. fender overhang in the pics. The stance is a little less than aggressive. If you're good with that, great, just be aware of offset issues between W215 CL65's and the rest of the CL models.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:01 PM

CL55
Originally Posted by Skizz
Unless you get CL55 twin spoke two piece rims and paint the centers dark graphite, those are CL65 oem rims. Not sure about the fronts, but the rears are et60 offset, which is unique to the CL65. You may not like the stance. Take a close look at the rim vs. fender overhang in the pics. The stance is a little less than aggressive. If you're good with that, great, just be aware of offset issues between W215 CL65's and the rest of the CL models.
Please explain more I didn't know about this. Might buy some reps tho the real ones are expensive but just really hard to find, and yes that was thinking of getting the normal silver 2 piece ones and painting them but if I could get the gun metal ones I would prefer it.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:39 PM

'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
The bottom line of it is that, in the W215 format, the CL65 has a different rear wheel offset than the other CL's, including the CL55. I think this is also the case for the W220 sedans. They had to beef up the suspension for the increased torque of the TT V12 motors causing the hubs to be pushed outward, among other small tweaks. To keep the wheel profile congruent with the other CL's, MB adjusted the rear offsets. Again, not sure of they did anything different to the front offsets. If you google or search this section of the forum, there is info and discussions on this. So, if you get the correct oem W215 CL65 wheels with the dark grey centers, the rears will not fit as intended on the CL55, stance wise. I'm sure you know about offsets, so I won't go there.

I have a CL65 in typical black and I, personally, don't care for the dark grey wheels with the black car. I bought two piece wheels from the W216 CL550 (looks exactly like the P30 wheels of the W211 as shown in my signature, except in 19's). I am, however, keeping my original wheels just because. If you want the stance on your car to maintain its intended appearance, you'd want to get the centers of the proper oem wheels painted to keep the offset correct. It's all personal taste.

Last edited by Skizz; 07-21-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:29 PM

CL55
The bottom line of it is that, in the W215 format, the CL65 has a different rear wheel offset than the other CL's, including the CL55. I think this is also the case for the W220 sedans. They had to beef up the suspension for the increased torque of the TT V12 motors causing the hubs to be pushed outward, among other small tweaks. To keep the wheel profile congruent with the other CL's, MB adjusted the rear offsets. Again, not sure of they did anything different to the front offsets. If you google or search this section of the forum, there is info and discussions on this. So, if you get the correct oem W215 CL65 wheels with the dark grey centers, the rears will not fit as intended on the CL55, stance wise. I'm sure you know about offsets, so I won't go there.

I have a CL65 in typical black and I, personally, don't care for the dark grey wheels with the black car. I bought two piece wheels from the W216 CL550 (looks exactly like the P30 wheels of the W211 as shown in my signature, except in 19's). I am, however, keeping my original wheels just because. If you want the stance on your car to maintain its intended appearance, you'd want to get the centers of the proper oem wheels painted to keep the offset correct. It's all personal taste.
I understand. The gun metal ones only come on 65's right because I know for the last year of the CL55's they also came with the 2 piece, and yes if anything I will just get the silver 2 piece and paint them. If I do happen to come across a good deal for the 65 ones is it difficult to fix the stance? I googled around but didn't find threads talking about the stance just users giving opinions on how they would look.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:31 PM

'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Originally Posted by MartinWake
I understand. The gun metal ones only come on 65's right because I know for the last year of the CL55's they also came with the 2 piece, and yes if anything I will just get the silver 2 piece and paint them. If I do happen to come across a good deal for the 65 ones is it difficult to fix the stance? I googled around but didn't find threads talking about the stance just users giving opinions on how they would look.
Spacers could fix the problem, but I, personally, REALLY don't like using spacers. Others may/will have differing opinions.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:31 PM

CL55
Spacers could fix the problem, but I, personally, REALLY don't like using spacers. Others may/will have differing opinions.
Me neither but to get perfect fitment you need them there is really no way around it.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:42 PM

CL55
Anyone know the part number to the cl55 two piece rims?