CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

ABC red warning drive carefully

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 cl55 amg
ABC red warning drive carefully

Hi, i know there is many threads on this problem and I read most of them I think, but still, need help.
So, im driving 2004 cl55 with 92k miles. Recently I started to have problems with my ABC, first signs were just a white light to visit worshop and it went off after restart and I haven't any problems for a few months, after that one day I was driving to my work and I had my suspension lifted because road was rough and after some time I felt that driving is weird, I stopped, came out of car and my car was CRAZY high, it was almost double lifted as of it maximum, and I had no warning lights! I started the car and pushed abc button and it went back down, after that It never happened, but the next morning red light ABC drive carefully came out, and that's where troubles started, I also noticed some weird noises from the front of my car, squeak, cracks, when I turn my steering wheel all the way it was making some noise too, so I assumed its ABC pump went bad, I went to my mechanic and he said it is pupm, he replaced it, nothing changed, except that some of the noises went away, but the light was on, than he changed again for another pump and still the same :/ So as I noticed after cold start or even when the car sits for 15+ min, I wouldn't get a red light, and the car would drive fine, but if I shut it down and start right after the light will go on and I would have to wait at least 15 min till the next start up to the light go off. If the light is off, ABC wors great, it's go up and down with no problem, and I NEVER had my car to lean on one side or completely or anything like that, car is equally lifted and I don't see anything wrong except of the light that comes on and off :/ while changing the pump I had my fluid flushed. It was also leaking from the pump, now my mechanic said its gone after he changed it, so any ides what can be wrong? Because im about to swap it up to coilovers, if I don't find the problem, but If its possible I wanna keep tha ABC at leat for some more time because i love the way it works
Old 09-02-2020, 02:02 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
CL55
Did you check the accumulators?
Old 09-02-2020, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 cl55 amg
Originally Posted by MartinWake
Did you check the accumulators?
I personally didn't, but I asked my mechanic several times if it's can be something else besides the pump, he said everything looks good to him, so im assuming he checked
Btw, can accumulators cause that?