CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Cl63... Need some I don't know help.... Coolant issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL63
Cl63... Need some I don't know help.... Coolant issues

Coolant gurus

I'm wondering if anybody can help me out. I have a 2008 Mercedes CL63.... And a recent problem has crept up.

I have a coolant issue. Here's as much information as I know in case somebody understands what's going on and can shed some light on it.

The car was working perfectly and then all of a sudden when I parked one day. Coolant came dumping out of the expansion tank. About a gallon worth. There was no overheating of the engine. But the coolant was dumping out of the expansion holes. I checked the coolant cap and it was a little bit worn out on the seal. So I bought a new coolant cap. Then it did it again. I bought a new expansion tank just in case there was some problem with keeping pressure. And it continued to do the same thing.

Right at the same time I noticed I started having no heat in the car at all. Air conditioning works great and the blower works great but no heat in the cabin. So I changed the heater control valve or changeover valve. It made no difference. I checked all fuses and everything is good.

I'm not sure if this could be a head gasket issue or something else. I have no oil appearing in the coolant tank. I have no foam or coolant that I can visibly see in the oil. There is no blue or white smoke coming out of the exhaust at all.

The best that I can tell there is no coolant leaking while I'm driving. If so it's very minor. This only seems to happen when I park the car and then a minute later a bunch of it comes out. I can drive without overheating but I have to constantly be topping up the coolant.

Can anybody give me some advice? Something to do with the heater core? A blockage in the system? Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

ThxKen
Old 12-18-2021, 12:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 CL63 AMG (CL55 AMG Kompressor previous vehicle)
Coolant issu3s

I had coolant issues in my '09. I replaced the radiator and a few other things. Ill dig up the service sheet and give you a run down.
The following users liked this post:
Khorvath1 (12-18-2021)