CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Fake CL65 Spotting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Lexani
Whoa-- come on now, this is not about getting rich, that is not my objective. I would rather live where I am now, and how the cars I own, than live in a huge house-- which no one ever sees mind you. And so what if I have to of the same model? Why do people always bash on me for that? Just leave me alone.
Bro...he's not talking about a HUGE house, just the fact you can have an appreciating asset/equity in your portfolio. Sell one SL and you still can be a baller with the other one and a decent house. He isn't hating just giving pretty sage advice. Peace.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Figure average appreciation around 4-6% over the long run. If you buy a $500,000 house (which I think in California is a shack with an outhouse next to it anymore...), at 4% it'll be worth about 570 which about equalled the 3 year deprecation on your other SL.

I'd imagine the interest only payment on a $500k house would have to be pretty close to the lease payment on an SL600.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by naadp
Figure average appreciation around 4-6% over the long run. If you buy a $500,000 house (which I think in California is a shack with an outhouse next to it anymore...), at 4% it'll be worth about 570 which about equalled the 3 year deprecation on your other SL.

I'd imagine the interest only payment on a $500k house would have to be pretty close to the lease payment on an SL600.
Don't forget the tax break on the interest paid on the mortgage.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Bro...he's not talking about a HUGE house, just the fact you can have an appreciating asset/equity in your portfolio. Sell one SL and you still can be a baller with the other one and a decent house. He isn't hating just giving pretty sage advice. Peace.
yes, i was just taken aback by the fact that he rents and has TWO $130k+ depreciating assets.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Thanks and all-- but you all are missing one very important thing here: I dont want a house. I love where I live now, believe it or not, there are people who dont want houses, and Im one of them. Sounds dumb because of the deprecation on my cars-- but guess what? Im not selling either car, plus I dont care about money, and how much my cars are going to be worth in 5 years, I really dont. I love my life as is, and if you think Im stupid for owning to 130K + vehicles, than fine-- Im not here to please anyone. And another thing, this isnt a house forum, its a car forum.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
(no disrespect) My Opinion: Lexani's point of view is VERY ignorant, but kudos for the SL's!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:35 PM

Some people just don't see that there's a big difference between spending your allowance and planning for your future.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by naadp
Some people just don't see that there's a big difference between spending your allowance and planning for your future.
Money is money. What you call it is just a mental placebo.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by miroj
Money is money. What you call it is just a mental placebo.
do you post for any given reason or just to be a pain in the butt?

i question why you keep coming back... go do something usefull...
Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
do you post for any given reason or just to be a pain in the butt?

i question why you keep coming back... go do something usefull...
Oh you must be sick of counting money ....
Old 03-10-2005, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys, guys-- come on now. I was just stating I dont care about investing in a house. Im sorry if you think its ignorant, or what not but I dont care. And its certinatly no reason to starting arguing about whose richer or whose more financially secure. Leave me be, and please stop this. :o Make fun of me all you want, but there is no reason to involve other parties. Please just stop.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Lex, quick question....

Do you own both SL600's and currently make payments on them? or are you Leasing them both? Basically renting them?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Almost a Member!

'03 CL55 '03 G500
It would seem that most of the people commenting here equate what they consider to be the "unwise" use of money as stupidity. That almost by definition is narrow minded.
I'm on Lexani's side on this one. He is using his financial resorces to do what pleases him NOW. The rest of you seem to be wrapped up in making prudent investments that will bear fruit in the future. You act as if the prudent use of money was an indisputable law of nature, the standard by which all actions are judged.
Lexani doesn't seem to place a lot value on his place of residence or its current or future value. He seems quite satisfied with being able to drive the car of his choice on any given day. (Lexani, I apologize if I have offended you by attempting to speak in your behalf)
I say more power to him. I wont own my house until I'm 86 years old, but I got to drive two of the coolest vehicles on the face of the earth TODAY.
The fact that I don't share your same value system does not make me stupid or ignorant.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its called priorities, not being narrow minded. But like Lexani said lets not argue about this because this is a C-A-R forum! so how about those fake CL65's?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by j.edwards
It would seem that most of the people commenting here equate what they consider to be the "unwise" use of money as stupidity. That almost by definition is narrow minded.
I'm on Lexani's side on this one. He is using his financial resorces to do what pleases him NOW. The rest of you seem to be wrapped up in making prudent investments that will bear fruit in the future. You act as if the prudent use of money was an indisputable law of nature, the standard by which all actions are judged.
Lexani doesn't seem to place a lot value on his place of residence or its current or future value. He seems quite satisfied with being able to drive the car of his choice on any given day. (Lexani, I apologize if I have offended you by attempting to speak in your behalf)
I say more power to him. I wont own my house until I'm 86 years old, but I got to drive two of the coolest vehicles on the face of the earth TODAY.
The fact that I don't share your same value system does not make me stupid or ignorant.
Im offended not one bit! I failed to realize why no one was seeing my point of view on the matter, and am thankful at least you did. Your completly right however! I do not place a lot of value on my current residence and dont plan to, my vehicles are of higher priority at this moment, and thats what makes me happy-- not to be confused with ignorant. I dont plan to own a house for long time, simply because I dont care-- like some think the other way around. Would I love to own a house and have the vehicles I own? Absolutely! But given only one choice, its quite obvious, I would rather own high-end automobiles and live where I do now, than drive a Honda and have a big house. My point is: If it makes you happy-- its not to be confused with ignorant, for what one person prizes above all-- other might not see it so. Thank you for talking on my behalf, and I 100% agree with everything you said-- well said, at that. Thank you.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thericker55
Do you own both SL600's and currently make payments on them? or are you Leasing them both? Basically renting them?
Its a buy, I do not lease. I wouldn't put a 10K MKB Kit on a car that Im leasing. However, lets assume it wasn't, so what?
Old 03-11-2005, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why both of the same models? I mean, you love the SL so much u bought another one? im not flaming you im just saying..GO BUY A CL or S600! lol just playing, I see your point, no doubt in that so sorry if you took it the wrong way. NO MORE DRAMA!
Old 03-11-2005, 01:24 AM

W208 55 & R170 230
no offense., but... not every one here earn their money the way they think they are....

consider money this big...,,,,... IRS would spot it..... in other words... buying a house isn't the best way to spend money,.., because it dosent' depreicate...
Old 03-11-2005, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Oh you must be sick of counting money ....

No im actually sick of reading the bs you spew all over the forum.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by j.edwards
He is using his financial resorces to do what pleases him NOW. The rest of you seem to be wrapped up in making prudent investments that will bear fruit in the future. You act as if the prudent use of money was an indisputable law of nature, the standard by which all actions are judged.
wow, this is amazing.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
No im actually sick of reading the bs you spew all over the forum.
Why dont you just speed dial this
Old 03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
OK let me put it this way for you....

Its a buy, I do not lease. I wouldn't put a 10K MKB Kit on a car that Im leasing. However, lets assume it wasn't, so what?
If you were leasing them you'd probably be paying much higher monthly payments than if you BOUGHT them in which case, you'd have to put a sizeable down payment on each of them, which would make your monthly payments some what less expensive.
I was just checking to see how insane you are? How far you go to break your back making rediculous car, and Insurance, payments to look like a Baller,(Buying 2 of the exact same cars????) only to drive your potential girlfriends, IE. dates, to that OLD APARTMENT BUILDING (looks like a place I used to live at when I was going to college!)
What do you tell your friends, dates ect?.. "UH my place is being fumigated, This is my pool cleaners crib we can just kick it here"
Yeah you're making the right choice, what am I thinking who wouldn't want to live in a DUMP! and be able to drive Not one but TWO of the same cars, sounds like you've got a great plan......
Old 03-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Banned

Has it crossed anyones mind thus far that the whole "I own this stuff" is a fiction.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Hahaha, "low rent". Alas its true, one cannot have everything. That, is infact where I live, I might be a bit richer than the average citizen, but Im no Gates.
Yeah right sounds like you're up to your EYEBALLS IN DEBT FLOATING ON CREDIT!
Old 03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Has it crossed anyones mind thus far that the whole "I own this stuff" is a fiction.
the bank owns his cars until he pays the last payment (sometime around 2050).

Last edited by schwarzwagen; 03-11-2005 at 05:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fake CL65 Spotting