CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

New CL65 Owner :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
New CL65 Owner :-)

Hey guys, you might remember me from the days when I used to have an 06 E55 Estate....well I went to the dark side to drive a 911 turbo for a while but am now back to the AMG line again with a used CL65 :-) Look forward to interacting with all of you guys

ps, and yes, the s60r log on goes WAY back to when I was driving a slow car..lol
Old 03-28-2012, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 S600
Congrats & Enjoy!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Good luck with the car now lets see some pics!!! Also first impressions and plans with the car. Enjoy!!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 AM

2017 C63S
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Good luck with the car now lets see some pics!!! Also first impressions and plans with the car. Enjoy!!
thanks, I'll get some posted.....looks very similar to yours there.....nice times, do you have a tune or was that stock?

first impressions......car just feels very solid....have missed the AMG luxury :-), the seats, the smell of the car, all the creature comforts...power is effortless, sooo smooth in the delivery (not jerky and boost like I felt in the 911).....just seems to come on strong and very linear. I have caught myself looking down and not realizing I have already gotten to 80.....whoops :-).......just so smooth you don't even realize how fast you're going. Car has tried to break loose on me a few times in spirited acceleration in 1st. I have not done anything with ESP off yet, I'm sure it will smoke the tires with ease. Doubt it will handle like my 911 but its a totally different car with a different purpose. The neck breaking index is high :-), people staring trying to figure out what it is. Loving it so far

Last edited by red60R; 03-29-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CL65
Congrats on the car I just got mine last week. I have the same thought as you do its smooth and stout. But I do wish that it handles better it feels like a big bob sled when cornering. I guess that's the trade off for having a plush feeling ride.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:33 PM

2017 C63S
pics

New CL65 Owner   :-)-photo-7.jpg

New CL65 Owner   :-)-photo-6.jpg

New CL65 Owner   :-)-photo-5.jpg

my new baby :-)
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by red60R
thanks, I'll get some posted.....looks very similar to yours there.....nice times, do you have a tune or was that stock?

first impressions......car just feels very solid....have missed the AMG luxury :-), the seats, the smell of the car, all the creature comforts...power is effortless, sooo smooth in the delivery (not jerky and boost like I felt in the 911).....just seems to come on strong and very linear. I have caught myself looking down and not realizing I have already gotten to 80.....whoops :-).......just so smooth you don't even realize how fast you're going. Car has tried to break loose on me a few times in spirited acceleration in 1st. I have not done anything with ESP off yet, I'm sure it will smoke the tires with ease. Doubt it will handle like my 911 but its a totally different car with a different purpose. The neck breaking index is high :-), people staring trying to figure out what it is. Loving it so far

Glad to hear you are enjoying your car, its always nice to see how others describe the experience. Over time you will get the feel of how much pedal to apply before the tires break loose. Shutting off the ESP is great, since you can get some spin and gain traction without the pedal just going dead and forcing the car to shift before power is restored, hard to describe, but I'm sure you know what I mean. As far as my car I have a Eurocharged ECU/TCU and supplemental heat exchange. Big difference in performance, no sacrifice to normal drivability. Good luck with what ever you choose to do.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CL65
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Glad to hear you are enjoying your car, its always nice to see how others describe the experience. Over time you will get the feel of how much pedal to apply before the tires break loose. Shutting off the ESP is great, since you can get some spin and gain traction without the pedal just going dead and forcing the car to shift before power is restored, hard to describe, but I'm sure you know what I mean. As far as my car I have a Eurocharged ECU/TCU and supplemental heat exchange. Big difference in performance, no sacrifice to normal drivability. Good luck with what ever you choose to do.
Did you also upgrade the ic pump and if so what did you go with?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:32 PM

2014 GT-R; 2014 GL 350 BTC
Originally Posted by cjcalo
Congrats on the car I just got mine last week. I have the same thought as you do its smooth and stout. But I do wish that it handles better it feels like a big bob sled when cornering. I guess that's the trade off for having a plush feeling ride.
That is the difference with AMG pre and post C63. Springs up front and tuning for handling are what AMG is doing with all of their cars now. My '12 CLS63 does not handle like my '09 M3 but is pretty amazing given its weight and is in a whole different game than my friend's '06 E55.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Banned

Cl65 GS430 GNX
BLOB?? Lol. Not from my drivers seat

I have tore up M3's a RS4 ..C63's and a 997, a z06.. as well as a ISF as well as my old GTR on the highway slalom driving and many other cars...Infact I just tore up a 370z with a twin turbo set up on the street..Or in other words flat out breaking the law and driving through traffic at well over 90 mph.

I had VERY few straight runs and I ran them all into the ground. They couldn't keep up!!

My car is a pristine CL65 Black series conversion with over a 100k miles and as dependable as a rock.

I am not proud I took the safety of others in little regards but I was racing and the guys I was racing were also doing the same.

BLOB???? No way in hell!!! These cars handle awesome and are very capable.

It depends on the driver ofcourse and I am not the best but the brakes and suspension in sport mode and UBER amount of torque...allows me to out drive anybody basically so far
Old 03-31-2012, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Congrads, enjoy. My sister in law son has 06 cl65. I drove it once and was amazed at what it can do for a big car. It handles quite well specialy in sport. Trust me, you don't know what you have till you loose it. If you think it doesn't handle well, try non abc s class
Old 04-01-2012, 02:42 AM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
Congrats,

I just wanted to mention that after a emergency stop doing about 70mph (somebody cut my off and I had no where to go), the stopping power was incredible with no dipping with it stomped; amazing.