CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL65 AMG Aux Inputs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65 AMG
CL65 AMG Aux Inputs

Hi All

Apologies if this question has been asked before I could not find anything on searches.

I use a Samsung S2 phone with a 64GB SD card in it that has all my Spotify playlists on it. I normally just plug this into an Aux port and off we go. I can see on the audio system there are 2 x Aux listed but I can not find a port anywhere. When I select either of them the screen scrolls down almost like a TV out of tune.

So Finally to the question. Can I connect a external device into the AUX on a stock system. If not is there maybe a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for you time and input.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:42 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
My glovebox has an aux port inside from factory, my wife plugs and plays her I phone in it.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM

CL65 AMG
Hi Exotic-metal55

Thank you for your reply. I checked the glovebox and no ports for me. I should have mentioned sorry I have a 2005 model.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
You will need something like the Dennison Gateway 500s to play music from your phone on a stock CL65 Command head unit.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:55 AM

CL65 AMG
Hi Dr Matt

Excellent thank you for the info.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:18 AM

CL65 AMG
While I am on the Audio subject.

Is there anything special I have to do to play MP3's? I copied a bunch on a cd just to test and loaded it in the front, press MP3 CD and it just stays at loading. I am able to watch DVD's and play a music cd in the car.

Popping the disk in a PC works fine.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 AM

CL65 AMG
Hi All

Just for completeness I will update this thread. Thank you for the advice etc.
I had the mcar (http://mcar.us/) unit installed and it works a treat. USB port for IPod or memory stick. I have a IPod plugged in but I just use the Bluetooth audio streaming and play Spotify from my phone.

All the phone functions work great on the wheel and it makes your address book available in a few sec. As for the MP3 play back I believe this has been resolved with the comand firmware update as well. Although I have no need for it now with this bad boy installed.

Regards
Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 PM

2001 SL500, 2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mrooyen
Hi All

Just for completeness I will update this thread. Thank you for the advice etc.
I had the mcar (http://mcar.us/) unit installed and it works a treat. USB port for IPod or memory stick. I have a IPod plugged in but I just use the Bluetooth audio streaming and play Spotify from my phone.

All the phone functions work great on the wheel and it makes your address book available in a few sec. As for the MP3 play back I believe this has been resolved with the comand firmware update as well. Although I have no need for it now with this bad boy installed.

Regards
Does the info on the head unit show up on the small screen on the speedo? Is there a mike supplied with the kit?

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:11 AM

CL65 AMG
Originally Posted by the_reids
Does the info on the head unit show up on the small screen on the speedo? Is there a mike supplied with the kit?

Thanks!
Hi.

I didn't personally install it I had it fitted and it just hooked into the cars phone system including the mic so not sure if it comes with one.

All the artist/song info is displayed on the comand. The only thing displayed on the Spedo is "Track 1" etc. I am not a smoker so my smart phone neatly fits in the ashtray. I just scroll and select the songs on it and it displays album covers and all the info.

Regards
Old 11-20-2013, 09:47 PM

2001 SL500, 2005 E55 AMG
Okay thanks for the response.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:05 PM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
Originally Posted by Mrooyen
While I am on the Audio subject.

Is there anything special I have to do to play MP3's? I copied a bunch on a cd just to test and loaded it in the front, press MP3 CD and it just stays at loading. I am able to watch DVD's and play a music cd in the car.

Popping the disk in a PC works fine.

There is a special method on making DVDs that will hold your MP3's..
I tried it once like a couple years back and made one good DVD with a bunch of songs.. it works.. but to burn it, it's a special dvd burn mode. It's on the forum somewhere.. Don't forget, your DVD player is on the console and doesn't use the the CD Tray in the back.. only one DVD plays mp3s..

But meanwhile, I'm trying this out since I like to stream from my phone in different cars with bluetooth or not..http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/bes...ry-car-stereo/

or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...29&camp=211189

Last edited by NRL; 02-11-2015 at 10:52 PM.