MHP S1 (ECU Only) CLA45 60-130 Results: 11.81

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 & CLA45 AMG
MHP S1 (ECU Only) CLA45 60-130 Results: 11.81

My CLA45 with CF hood (-7lbs), all else factory including Pano, 19" wheels and tires, full weight on Shell 93.

Run done in Sport, in hindsight I probably should have used Manual and will try to go out later this week and improve.

Not a bad baseline to start. Dyno numbers coming later this week.
Attached Thumbnails MHP S1 (ECU Only) CLA45 60-130 Results: 11.81-mhps1cla45_60to130.jpg  
Old 02-15-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 WRX
CarandDriver quote the stock 60-130 to be 15.0 seconds dead, so a 3.2second improvement with just an ECU tune is very impressive!

Provided you were driving on a completely flat road, this shows you have significanly more top end now
Old 02-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by J_Maher_AMG
CarandDriver quote the stock 60-130 to be 15.0 seconds dead, so a 3.2second improvement with just an ECU tune is very impressive!

Provided you were driving on a completely flat road, this shows you have significanly more top end now
Thank you! I wasn't sure what to make of the time until you posted what it ran stock with C&D testing. I was comparing it to all the C63 times I've seen and thinking damn what a dog lol!

The net net is pretty solid then. I can say I'm very happy with the tune overall, car picks up everywhere rpm wise and feels much faster than stock even at part throttle.

My 60-130 submission is now live on dragtimes.com: http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-27231.html

Oh and now 3" of fresh snow on the ground so no testing for a few days other than dyno
Old 02-19-2015, 07:13 AM

A45
Originally Posted by KillaC63
Thank you! I wasn't sure what to make of the time until you posted what it ran stock with C&D testing. I was comparing it to all the C63 times I've seen and thinking damn what a dog lol!

The net net is pretty solid then. I can say I'm very happy with the tune overall, car picks up everywhere rpm wise and feels much faster than stock even at part throttle.

My 60-130 submission is now live on dragtimes.com: http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-27231.html

Oh and now 3" of fresh snow on the ground so no testing for a few days other than dyno
It's 4wd man, what's up with ya?

Seems a good time to me and near identical to what I have seen from my Stage 1 A45 (RENNtech).
Nice work
Old 02-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by Iggy Higgins
It's 4wd man, what's up with ya?

Seems a good time to me and near identical to what I have seen from my Stage 1 A45 (RENNtech).
Nice work

Hey Iggy,

Thanks! LOL, I'm finding our awd to be more like 2wd for a second or two at least.

Do you have any comparable charts to compare, I haven't been able to find any 60-130 charts anywhere?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:18 AM

A45
Hey Iggy,

Thanks! LOL, I'm finding our awd to be more like 2wd for a second or two at least.

Do you have any comparable charts to compare, I haven't been able to find any 60-130 charts anywhere?

Thanks!
I don't have the chart as such as I am an Apple user and was told the Racelogic software only really works on PC. I do have an old PC buried in the house somewhere, so need to dust off the cobwebs to have a play with the software at some point..

Slightly better 30-130 run done here, but as I say, very comparable to your results..

MHP S1 (ECU Only) CLA45 60-130 Results: 11.81-img_5240.jpg

Last edited by Iggy Higgins; 02-23-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
I don't have the chart as such as I am an Apple user and was told the Racelogic software only really works on PC. I do have an old PC buried in the house somewhere, so need to dust off the cobwebs to have a play with the software at some point..

Slightly better 30-130 run done here, but as I say, very comparable to your results..

Iggy thanks for posting!

A few questions for you if you don't mind. What was the longitudinal acceleration from your run? After checking the graph I ran up an incline I can't believe I did that... My run was accepted by the mods at 6 speed online as verified: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...le-thread.html

Also from what it looks like the A45s check in around 200lbs less than the CLA45s (mine has all options including pano which I didn't want ), I'm 260lbs which probably doesn't help either.

Looks like you're in the U.K., were you on 100 RON or 98 RON?

Last is this from a piggyback or actual ECU reflash? I looked into going with them but felt $2450 was a bit high for a piggyback. My reflash was significantly less expensive and I do feel better about it safety wise.

Thanks again, hopefully we'll see some more numbers from other owners soon!!!

Last edited by KillaC63; 02-23-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:14 PM

A45
The road is pretty straight, but does go uphill towards the end of the run slightly. I don't have the longitudinal details as I assume you need to get that from the software mate? Plus I never had a memory card in at the time as I am a little paranoid about using one in case the law were to pull me over

Car is pretty much full spec also (inc 19's), but I don't have the pano roof and I am also lighter than you. I didn't think the A45 was anywhere near 200lbs lighter though (spec for spec)?!?! I thought it was around 60-70lbs?

This is taken from MB's brochure -

A45 -

MHP S1 (ECU Only) CLA45 60-130 Results: 11.81-screen-20shot-202015-02-23-20at-2020.16.48.png

CLA -

MHP S1 (ECU Only) CLA45 60-130 Results: 11.81-screen-20shot-202015-02-23-20at-2020.17.30.png

Figures are bottom right (second to last line) and in KGS.

Car is run on 98/99ron fuel (equivalent to US 93 I believe) and it is a piggyback unit, not flash. I am looking at going down the flash route at some point, just have warranty concerns at the minute.

I will see if I can get a 60-130 run out of her again soon and get some logs this time. Soon as I do I will let you know.
Think you should get yours to the 1/4 mile track soon though mate, as that will be knocking on the door of 11's IMO. Mine has ran 3 12.0's now - which is very frustrating to say the least..

Last edited by Iggy Higgins; 02-23-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
The road is pretty straight, but does go uphill towards the end of the run slightly. I don't have the longitudinal details as I assume you need to get that from the software mate? Plus I never had a memory card in at the time as I am a little paranoid about using one in case the law were to pull me over

Car is pretty much full spec also (inc 19's), but I don't have the pano roof and I am also lighter than you. I didn't think the A45 was anywhere near 200lbs lighter though (spec for spec)?!?! I thought it was around 60-70lbs?

This is taken from MB's brochure -

A45 -

CLA -

Figures are bottom right (second to last line) and in KGS.

Car is run on 98/99ron fuel (equivalent to US 93 I believe) and it is a piggyback unit, not flash. I am looking at going down the flash route at some point, just have warranty concerns at the minute.

I will see if I can get a 60-130 run out of her again soon and get some logs this time. Soon as I do I will let you know.
Think you should get yours to the 1/4 mile track soon though mate, as that will be knocking on the door of 11's IMO. Mine has ran 3 12.0's now - which is very frustrating to say the least..

Iggy,

Feeling you on the .1 barrier, that has got to be killing you! Planning to hit a 1/4 mile strip as soon as they open over here which won't be for another 2 months or so. Still trying to figure out how to actuate launch mode, but from what I've seen 0-60s are better without it? From your experience is that true?

I got the vehicle weights from the net but just checked Car and Driver, CLA: http://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/cla45-amg which has the 18" wheel car at 3619lbs.

A45: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...st-ride-review 3100lbs.

This site has the A45 at 1480kg (x 2.20 for lbs) with the 19s and Pano= 3256lbs

Another at 3014lbs. http://fastestlaps.com/cars/mercedes_a_45_amg.html

I think we both need to hit the scales at the track or a weigh station. 350-500lb disparities can't be accurate?

98 RON is equivalent to U.S. 93, you're so lucky to have the 100 RON or U.S. 95 option on tap!

Yes the incline or decline info is contained in the DBN file and can be displayed via PBox software. Here's my graph courtesty of 6 speed:

Old 02-23-2015, 05:15 PM

A45
Best we get is 99ron (not 100 unfortunately), but still not bad. I did try 102ron fuel when over in Germany last year, but can't say it made much difference to the **** dyno tbh.

Race Start is definitely quicker than just mashing the throttle (by up to a full second depending on how well/badly you can do a soft launch). It is very aggressive though, so if the road is damp or greasy it will light up all four wheels.
Just simply stick the car in 'M' mode
Press the ESP/traction control button (sport handling mode) once
Depress brake pedal
Hold back both paddles at the same time until Race Start info comes up on the display, then let go.
Pull back right paddle to confirm
Mash the accelerator pedal to the ground until revs sit at 4k rpm
Hold tight and then let go of the brake.... Job done!

I will give the Vbox another run when I get chance and try to get a graph up.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E class
My CLA45 with CF hood (-7lbs), all else factory including Pano, 19" wheels and tires, full weight on Shell 93.

Run done in Sport, in hindsight I probably should have used Manual and will try to go out later this week and improve.

Not a bad baseline to start. Dyno numbers coming later this week.
do you plan on doing a tune?
Old 03-01-2015, 05:31 PM

A45
Originally Posted by Fly by night
Eh?

He already has a tune (see title/first post).
Old 03-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Best we get is 99ron (not 100 unfortunately), but still not bad. I did try 102ron fuel when over in Germany last year, but can't say it made much difference to the **** dyno tbh.

Race Start is definitely quicker than just mashing the throttle (by up to a full second depending on how well/badly you can do a soft launch). It is very aggressive though, so if the road is damp or greasy it will light up all four wheels.
Just simply stick the car in 'M' mode
Press the ESP/traction control button (sport handling mode) once
Depress brake pedal
Hold back both paddles at the same time until Race Start info comes up on the display, then let go.
Pull back right paddle to confirm
Mash the accelerator pedal to the ground until revs sit at 4k rpm
Hold tight and then let go of the brake.... Job done!

I will give the Vbox another run when I get chance and try to get a graph up.
Awesome, thank you! I finally got it to work! Just under 300 miles on the car due to weather lol. Driveline break-in, CHECK.

Originally Posted by Fly by night
Eh?

He already has a tune (see title/first post).
What Iggy said. ECU tuned by MHP.

Iggy I'm going to MIR for the rental on the 20th of this month. You know the goal, hopefully I won't be bashing my head into a wall as well!

Will keep ya posted.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:58 AM

A45
Awesome, thank you! I finally got it to work! Just under 300 miles on the car due to weather lol. Driveline break-in, CHECK.

What Iggy said. ECU tuned by MHP.

Iggy I'm going to MIR for the rental on the 20th of this month. You know the goal, hopefully I won't be bashing my head into a wall as well!

Will keep ya posted.

Thanks!
This is the 1/4 mile track yes? If so then good luck mate and I look forward to the results
Old 03-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
This is the 1/4 mile track yes? If so then good luck mate and I look forward to the results
Yes sir, and thank you! Back at you when you hit the track as well!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:57 PM

A45
Thanks mate.. I should hopefully be heading back there in the next couple of weeks fingers crossed, but unless I have perfect conditions, I am not expecting to see 11's unless I add more mods. Have run 2 x 12.0's and about 7 x 12.1's now, so think it's at its buffer in it's current spec under average conditions.
I have a replacement K&N filter going in tomorrow, so you never know, that might give me 0.05bhp and might be enough to get me there...

I do have some plans in the pipeline for software soon though, so will be interesting to see if that adds any gains over the box.

Have you tried Race Start on yours yet? I am keen to see how the car behaves with a software map on RS and whether or not the car will have a fit due to the torque limiters being raised in the first 2 gears. I know at the minute that if the car has a decent amount of wheel spin when leaving the line, it sometimes cuts the power due to the stability control (ESP) cutting in and will ruin the run

Last edited by Iggy Higgins; 03-10-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Thanks mate.. I should hopefully be heading back there in the next couple of weeks fingers crossed, but unless I have perfect conditions, I am not expecting to see 11's unless I add more mods. Have run 2 x 12.0's and about 7 x 12.1's now, so think it's at its buffer in it's current spec under average conditions.
I have a replacement K&N filter going in tomorrow, so you never know, that might give me 0.05bhp and might be enough to get me there...

I do have some plans in the pipeline for software soon though, so will be interesting to see if that adds any gains over the box.

Have you tried Race Start on yours yet? I am keen to see how the car behaves with a software map on RS and whether or not the car will have a fit due to the torque limiters being raised in the first 2 gears. I know at the minute that if the car has a decent amount of wheel spin when leaving the line, it sometimes cuts the power due to the stability control (ESP) cutting in and will ruin the run
Use good gas and with decent air I think we'll both be in the 11s, damn I just jinxed myself. I'm still rocking the stock filter, lmk what you think of the K&N, have time to do that if need be...

I've tried it a handful of times but it's been so cold (until 2 days ago now with snow melt off it's wet and salty so still slippery) that I spun through 1st and 2nd gear, went right into third and bogged like hell.

How is your 1-2 when the car hooks with RS, does it still short shift? I'm hoping that with prep (vht) on the starting line it won't slip maybe won't even need the rear diff to lock up and I can cut a decent 60'. Seems like a mid to high 1.8 with a good tune will get a high 11 based on the slips I've studied on dragtimes from Renntech piggyback cars (all 2 of them on there lol). I did notice a loud BANG when the rear diff kicked in, not sure how many of those it can take before it takes a dump. TGF Warranty.

What do you think of going ESP OFF brake torquing to 3000rpm and not using RS to come off the line vs using RS and keeping ESP in sport? This way we can manually shift the 1-2 at whatever rpm we want vs the autopilot it goes into for RS. Thoughts? Also what rpm are you shifting at when not using RS at wide open throttle? Seems like post tune usable curve goes to 6500??
Old 03-11-2015, 07:17 AM

A45
Really don't think you will see a faster time when using a soft launch tbh. Problem with a double clutch box is it's all electrics and brake boosting is near impossible. A conventional auto box will work a lot better and allow you to brake boost. Might try it one day to see the difference when on the strip, but going off my Vbox when I have done it before, it's definitely been slower.
Mine does short shift in 1st on RS (they all do) and sometimes in 2nd. I have even tried changing over from S to M when using RS after the launch to eliminate this, but the car does not like it at all and noticeably pulls back - weird I know.
I have managed a couple of 1.7's before, but most of the time they are 1.8's.

I usually shift anywhere between 6-6.5krpm. Does seem to flat line after 6 though.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:18 AM

A45 AMG
Whilst I haven't managed a run to 130mph yet, I have managed the following 60-100mph time. Car is an A45 with just a tuning box.

MHP S1 (ECU Only) CLA45 60-130 Results: 11.81-60-100.jpg
Old 03-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by shaunee
Whilst I haven't managed a run to 130mph yet, I have managed the following 60-100mph time. Car is an A45 with just a tuning box.

I wish the CLA weighed what a A45 does. Nice work! FYI for those asking I paid a whopping $595 for my CLA45 ECU remap.

Last edited by KillaC63; 04-01-2015 at 12:09 AM.