CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

*Product Release* ALPHA Performance Billet CLA45 AMG Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 11:59 AM
hs1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45 AMG
Will it result in a reduced low-end torque compared to the stock intake?

btw.. hope to see you release more products soon
Old 05-19-2015, 02:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT63S
Does anyone have a before and after vid?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:03 AM

CLA45 AMG
Ordered mine and getting it Wednesday. Will see what I can do.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
The lack of torque numbers is the only thing holding me back at this point. Hopefully either AMS or one of the peeps who jumped in already can provide a graph with the TQ numbers soon.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by soolman32
The lack of torque numbers is the only thing holding me back at this point. Hopefully either AMS or one of the peeps who jumped in already can provide a graph with the TQ numbers soon.
I'm fine with it.

The car has plenty of torque with the piggyback and downpipe, so if I can get more power, that would be great.

I should be getting mine in tomorrow, but the car is going in tomorrow for service, so I'll probably install it over the weekend (if the car is done by then).
Old 05-19-2015, 12:37 PM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I'm fine with it.

The car has plenty of torque with the piggyback and downpipe, so if I can get more power, that would be great.

I should be getting mine in tomorrow, but the car is going in tomorrow for service, so I'll probably install it over the weekend (if the car is done by then).

Agreed with all 3 mod done at once. However, I'm trying to not get the tune and downpipe right away. Just got the car and really want to get a good feel for the stock power. That said, the intake would be a nice compromise just wish I knew if it also improved TQ.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
While I dont have a tq graph plotted on here Horsepower is a function of tq. It would be impossible to pick up HP down low and not pick up torque. If you look at the chart everywhere north of 44mph it's making more HP therefore its making more tq.

Keep in mind this was done in 4th gear so that is very low RPM and heavy load under 44mph. I dont know many of you that would not be downshifting at that point rather than staying in it.

HP = Torque x RPM / 5250.

Eric
Old 05-22-2015, 11:50 AM

CLA 45 AMG
Can you explain what's going on with the graphs below? Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you're saying both of these charts are for a bone stock car with and without your intake but the first chart is showing way more overall HP than the other (400 vs. 350). Does one have a tune and the other doesn't?

Also on the second chart this baseline seems kind of low. Almost all the dyno charts I've seen for these cars show around 340HP stock

Originally Posted by AMS_Performance

20+ horsepower gains with the Alpha Performance Intake alone
Exclusive Benefits

20+HP increase in just 15 minutes
Uses factory ducting for cooler air charge and maximum power
Reduces turbo lag
Smooth transition for best airflow
High-flow, low maintenance dry media filter
No computer tuning needed

Putting our name on a product means a great deal to us. When we advertise a number, you can trust you are going to get every bit of that out of our products or MORE.

As you can see in quite a few areas we are exceeding 20WHP let along 20hp at the engine. This is nothing more than our intake on a bone stock car with a bone stock tune.

Eric
Old 05-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
The first chart is engine HP as measured like the factory. The second chart is as measured at the wheels (dynamometer.)

Driveline loss on an AWD car with this transmission is about 15-20% which is why the second (wheel hp) chart shows about that much loss. Some people don't know what Dyno is so we use simulated engine HP graphs so it can speak in a language they do understand...like the factory markets.

For those that do understand a dyno graph we put that in there as well (2nd graph)

However if you look at the dynochart (2nd graph) you will see we are still seeing over 17whp peak and over 25whp gains in many areas on the chart. It makes GREAT power.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 05-22-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

I received mine last week and installed it last night.

So far so good. The install was pretty straight forward and I had no issues. Fitment was great.

It's crazy how much wider the inlet is compared to stock.

The car feels faster, but I've only driven it about 17 miles so far (in traffic).

I'll post separately and give my observations shortly.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
I received mine last week and installed it last night.

So far so good. The install was pretty straight forward and I had no issues. Fitment was great.

It's crazy how much wider the inlet is compared to stock.

The car feels faster, but I've only driven it about 17 miles so far (in traffic).

I'll post separately and give my observations shortly.
small world we were talking last night on fb lo, beed jay lol
Old 05-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mr747
small world we were talking last night on fb lo, beed jay lol
hahaha, definitely small world! especially when it comes to cars
Old 05-30-2015, 05:01 PM

AMG GT63S
Old 05-30-2015, 05:02 PM

AMG GT63S
hahaha, definitely small world! especially when it comes to cars

@nlpamg how is it so far? are you able to provide a sound clip of how it sounds now?

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2015, 02:38 AM

15' CLA45 AMG
For those not familiar with us there is one thing we dont play around with...numbers. The chart we are showing is a very conservative engine HP estimate. However even on the dyno we picked up a peak of 17whp and over 20-25whp in areas. This was by no means a glory run either. We actually threw out the highest after filter chart and the lowest stock chart to display the averages of both before and after.

Putting our name on a product means a great deal to us. When we advertise a number, you can trust you are going to get every bit of that out of our products or MORE.

As you can see in quite a few areas we are exceeding 20WHP let along 20hp at the engine. This is nothing more than our intake on a bone stock car with a bone stock tune.

Eric
THANK THE LORD!!

about damn time AMS lol!

I had to register and use my first post to thank you for starting support for the cal45. First car I bought when I turned 18 was an Evo and thats when you guys were hitting high 10's in the silver bomber. You guys took that platform to unimaginable levels and I hope you guys stick with this platform for a while as I see a lot of potential. I have learned so much from you guys throughout the years so im incredibly happy to see you guys getting involved.

Intake looks great and is definitely on my list. Do you guys ever plan on ditching the intake box and just running it open element? What about intake tube? Relocating those hideous breather and vac lines that run on top of the engine would be prime. Wouldnt be hard to do either...just a thought wink wink

What will you guys be doing about tuning? Thats the only road block im running into right now as I dont want to pay 2k for an off the shelf tune. I know once you guys get in there you guys will have so much more to offer. Good thing I have been waiting it out.

you guys helped build my evo to a reliable 600hp daily so I expect nothing less from this haha. keep it up ams
Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Thank you, the future products are still uncertain but there are a few prototype pieces we are testing. We will be offering full tuning like we do for the other turbo MB platforms.

We do things a little different here so our parts are rarely first to market but they are almost always the best on the market when they do come out.

Eric
Old 06-03-2015, 09:12 AM

CL203(06) C207(10)
Do you guys sell this to Portugal?
Old 06-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
we ship everywhere but shipping to places like that is often as much as the part itself. I would recommend hopping on our website www.amsperformance.com and looking for a dealer in your area that would carry it.

Eric
Old 06-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

posted my review here: https://mbworld.org/forums/cla45-amg...ml#post6453446
Old 06-11-2015, 04:09 AM

2020 CLA 45,2018 C63 Coupe,2016 C43,2014 CLA45,2013 C350 Coupe,
For those not familiar with us there is one thing we dont play around with...numbers. The chart we are showing is a very conservative engine HP estimate. However even on the dyno we picked up a peak of 17whp and over 20-25whp in areas. This was by no means a glory run either. We actually threw out the highest after filter chart and the lowest stock chart to display the averages of both before and after.

Eric

Eric

from what I can see on this chart is a lost in HP between 37 to 44 MPH compared to the stock unit...
Old 06-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
It didn't lose HP. Take a closer look at starting speed. It can be deceiving.

The difference is when the run was started. Take a look at where the runs start. The difference in power is the stock run was started at about 37mph and the after test was started at about 39mph. The lines are climbing at the same rate. Had the after run been started at the exact same MPH then there would no difference there.

The more load you put on the motor the harder its going to work. Starting a lower speed would put more load on the motor. That extra load is going to kick in quicker. Another reason the lines look how they do. It hard to match speeds on the dyno. I wish we had a run vs RPM but again...no tach signal.

Also remember how one would drive the car. I dont know of anyone that is going to be in 4th gear at 37 mph and not downshift when going wide open throttle. If they do they might want to keep it in auto mode because they need some driving lessons

Eric
Old 06-16-2015, 01:27 AM

CLA45 AMG
It didn't lose HP. Take a closer look at starting speed. It can be deceiving.

The difference is when the run was started. Take a look at where the runs start. The difference in power is the stock run was started at about 37mph and the after test was started at about 39mph. The lines are climbing at the same rate. Had the after run been started at the exact same MPH then there would no difference there.

The more load you put on the motor the harder its going to work. Starting a lower speed would put more load on the motor. That extra load is going to kick in quicker. Another reason the lines look how they do. It hard to match speeds on the dyno. I wish we had a run vs RPM but again...no tach signal.

Also remember how one would drive the car. I dont know of anyone that is going to be in 4th gear at 37 mph and not downshift when going wide open throttle. If they do they might want to keep it in auto mode because they need some driving lessons

Eric
Hey,

I am thinking about buying this for my cla45 but will it void my warranty in an way? Just want to make sure before i make the purchase.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:14 PM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by ahmadmajid23
Hey,

I am thinking about buying this for my cla45 but will it void my warranty in an way? Just want to make sure before i make the purchase.
It can't void your entire warranty but it can void certain components. If you have any issues and need to take the car in for servicing just put the stock intake back on it only takes 10 mins.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:44 PM

CLA45 AMG
Eric_ I've sent you a pm. Thanks
Old 06-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
All back-orders are being shipped out in the next 24 hours. We also have quite a bit of stock on the shelves.

Thanks for being so patient everyone!

Eric

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *Product Release* ALPHA Performance Billet CLA45 AMG Intake