CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

gauge install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15' CLA45 AMG
gauge install

I know many here wont like this. But I do plan on making a lot of power out of this engine so at least its necessary. Helps that I like it too.
I might end up getting a smaller boost gauge and then just mounting them off to the sides of the column. Not sure yet but we will see

gauge install-img_8265_zpsia6vjyei.jpg

neat trick: I was able to install the aem gauge without using the supplied o2. didnt have to weld a new bung in or anyhting

Last edited by overboost; 06-10-2015 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:25 AM

Mercedes Benz A45 AMG
Originally Posted by overboost
I know many here wont like this. But I do plan on making a lot of power out of this engine so at least its necessary. Helps that I like it too.
I might end up getting a smaller boost gauge and then just mounting them off to the sides of the column. Not sure yet but we will see

neat trick: I was able to install the aem gauge without using the supplied o2. didnt have to weld a new bung in or anyhting

Hey! Would you mind taking some photos of where you took the boost feed from please? I have installed a boost gauge in my A45 but need to find the boost supply.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:11 PM

15' CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by P12SDW
Hey! Would you mind taking some photos of where you took the boost feed from please? I have installed a boost gauge in my A45 but need to find the boost supply.

Thanks!
you can tap into one of the lines coming off of the intake manifold. right after the throttle body

go to weistec's website and download the install instructions for the weistec bov for the cla. it has plenty of pictures. just tap into the same location they use for the bov.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Or you can just use these gauge and get all the parameters from the can network of the car via OBD2 port

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...urbo-cars.html
Old 07-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Mercedes Benz A45 AMG
Originally Posted by overboost
you can tap into one of the lines coming off of the intake manifold. right after the throttle body

go to weistec's website and download the install instructions for the weistec bov for the cla. it has plenty of pictures. just tap into the same location they use for the bov.
Thanks for coming back to me. I don't have the Weistec BOV fitted to my car. I looked at the instructions as I can see what you mean in regards to where to T off. Any idea how with out a BOV?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2015, 04:40 PM

A45 AMG
Originally Posted by shardul
Or you can just use these gauge and get all the parameters from the can network of the car via OBD2 port

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...urbo-cars.html

How does this work via OBD for boost then.... as OBD will only see up to 1.55bar.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:48 PM

A45 AMG
Thanks for coming back to me. I don't have the Weistec BOV fitted to my car. I looked at the instructions as I can see what you mean in regards to where to T off. Any idea how with out a BOV?

Thanks

Just get some silicon vac hose and insert a T piece between that and the OEM vacuum pipe, off the back of the manifold as shown in those images Steve. Nice and easy.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:24 PM

15' CLA45 AMG

Thanks
you dont need the BOV. i was just pointing you in that direction because weistec has clear pictures of where to tap into.

you tap into the same spot that weistec uses for their BOV. its all the same reference.

what you will need is a T fitting. you need to find the correct size T though since the oem hose is like 3/4 in and most boost gauges are 1/8 in.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:42 PM

Everyone please start hounding P3cars to finish the MB one. I've been tagging their instagram posts since last year. They're "workin on it". Follow them on IG and comment on all their pics with "where is the MB45 gauge?" If they see there's a bigger interest they'll probably work on it a little harder.