CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Which one AMS Alpha or Mishimoto intake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gla 45
Which one AMS Alpha or Mishimoto intake?

I am trying to decide between the AMS Alpha versus Mishimoto intakes. Perhaps forum members could suggest. After the intake I plan on tuning the ECU with a piggyback unit Renntech or Rebellion.

Coming from a Subi STi I could not add an intake without tuning for them. Am I correct in believing that the MB ECU is capable of making the appropriate adjustment without the need of a retune.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

300D
Originally Posted by spdrush
I am trying to decide between the AMS Alpha versus Mishimoto intakes. Perhaps forum members could suggest. After the intake I plan on tuning the ECU with a piggyback unit Renntech or Rebellion.

Coming from a Subi STi I could not add an intake without tuning for them. Am I correct in believing that the MB ECU is capable of making the appropriate adjustment without the need of a retune.
Thanks for considering our intake for your AMG! Sounds like you have a solid plan as far as modifications go. Our intake is completely compatible with the factory tune, and is further enhanced when used with an aftermarket tune. We saw substantial gains on the top end, to the tune of 20whp/17wtq, on the factory tune. This is a result of the improved flow of our filter and turbo inlet hose.

For full information regarding the development and testing results, check out our R&D linked below.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=262

We are also running a discounted pre-sale at the moment, which will expire next week. Just something to keep in mind if you would like to save a few bucks on the purchase.

Let me know if I can answer any questions you have about our intake system!

Thanks
-John
Old 08-11-2015, 07:25 PM

2017 C63S Coupe Edition 1
spdrush,

Fist off, welcome to forum!

I have been thinking about the Mishimoto for my CLA45 as well. Out of all the intakes that I have seen for the CLA45, the Mishi looks to be the most though out and cleanest install. And the gains are nothing to scoff at either! With that being said, I have yet to pull the trigger on it. Hope to make it happen this week wile the sale is running. Would really like to sell my stock wheels first to free up some fun coupons!
Old 08-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CLA45 MY15
I personally have the AMS and Rebellion Stage 1 installed and the two combined do transform the car. I can't comment on Mishimoto BUT their aesthetics are much more pleasing with the whole enclosure and all.

If I'm not mistaken the Mishimoto setup is about $100 more expensive so if price is important the AMS would be the better buy. Now looking at them both side by side since Mishimoto is done, I probably would have went with Mishimoto. On the other hand the Mishimoto is instantly obvious that some modding is being done to the engine, so for warranty if you want more of a sleeper route the AMS might be a better buy.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
I cant speak enough about our ALPHA intake and we are very close to an add on to our intake that can be seen here: https://mbworld.org/forums/cla45-amg...ts-coming.html
Old 08-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

300D
Originally Posted by Mr.Mike
spdrush,

Fist off, welcome to forum!

I have been thinking about the Mishimoto for my CLA45 as well. Out of all the intakes that I have seen for the CLA45, the Mishi looks to be the most though out and cleanest install. And the gains are nothing to scoff at either! With that being said, I have yet to pull the trigger on it. Hope to make it happen this week wile the sale is running. Would really like to sell my stock wheels first to free up some fun coupons!
Thanks for the kind words and the warm welcome!

Originally Posted by tcache
I personally have the AMS and Rebellion Stage 1 installed and the two combined do transform the car. I can't comment on Mishimoto BUT their aesthetics are much more pleasing with the whole enclosure and all.

If I'm not mistaken the Mishimoto setup is about $100 more expensive so if price is important the AMS would be the better buy. Now looking at them both side by side since Mishimoto is done, I probably would have went with Mishimoto. On the other hand the Mishimoto is instantly obvious that some modding is being done to the engine, so for warranty if you want more of a sleeper route the AMS might be a better buy.
Thanks for the input!

-John