CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Car Appraisal Value?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA45 AMG
Car Appraisal Value?

If anyone else has had their CLA45 appraised, generous enough to share the value, along with the mileage and options? I took mine to the dealer approximately 3 weeks ago (sick of the CLA45, wanting to upgrade to a C63), and they quoted me $39,000. The car is full blown and has everything except for the 19" painted wheels, red painted caliper brakes, and the performance exhaust system. The car is also in outstanding condition, with no damage or tears anywhere. Mileage of the car is currently around 12,500.

Do you think the price they gave me is fair? To be honest, the sales assistant who was helping me also told me "low key" that he also thought the appraisal value was lower than he'd expected. I went and visited Edmunds online just to see what they would quote me (also understood that it's an online appraisal, so their values won't be 100% on spot), and they gave me an amount of $42,000.

On a side note, I hadn't washed my car in about 3-4 months, so it was EXTREMELY dirty and dusty with trash and **** everywhere. Could this have had a negative impact on the value? Should I try cleaning my car thoroughly then taking it back to get it appraised once more?

Any suggestions / help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
18 E63S
YOUR GETTING ROBBED BIG TIME !
RUN to another dealer
Old 12-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
If you were taking it to be appraised, why would you not clean it first?

Sorry, not trying to be a dick but showing up with trash in it and it filthy isn't going to get you top dollar. They are going to try to give you wholesale for the car unless you can show them a car in incredible/like new condition (which at 12k miles you'd think it would be).