CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Why does Mercedes do this - The ONE thing preventing me from buying a CLA45

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cla 250
Why does Mercedes do this - The ONE thing preventing me from buying a CLA45

I absolutely love what Mercedes did with the new 2016 CLA 45 AMG version (AMG package). I like the combination of sport and luxury, especially with the great looking new AMG steering wheel.

I was SO close to buying a 2016 white CLA 45 with the black sport line on the sides with black spoiler (AMG package). It looks amazing, the interior is so much more sporty and luxury. I love the Alcantara AMG wheel and everything about it. The red accented wheels surprisingly worked and blended well for an even sportier car.

Two problems, a CLA 45 shouldnt cost 70,000 $. It is still entry level Mercedes. But that's fine, the car looks sick af I have no problem paying for it. But when I went to purchase they didn't allow me to get matching red brakes on the car. The brakes had to be the standard grey.

Wtf is that bull****. Literally why.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by housecet
I absolutely love what Mercedes did with the new 2016 CLA 45 AMG version (AMG package). I like the combination of sport and luxury, especially with the great looking new AMG steering wheel.

I was SO close to buying a 2016 white CLA 45 with the black sport line on the sides with black spoiler (AMG package). It looks amazing, the interior is so much more sporty and luxury. I love the Alcantara AMG wheel and everything about it. The red accented wheels surprisingly worked and blended well for an even sportier car.

Two problems, a CLA 45 shouldnt cost 70,000 $. It is still entry level Mercedes. But that's fine, the car looks sick af I have no problem paying for it. But when I went to purchase they didn't allow me to get matching red brakes on the car. The brakes had to be the standard grey.

Wtf is that bull****. Literally why.
70k is insanely high i would say. I haven't priced them out though since I bought mine in 2014. Also, why can't you get red brakes? I have them on mine I refused to take the car without them
Old 06-16-2016, 08:33 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Was it a performance studio pkg car with the orange accents? I believe that's the only pkg that you can't get red calipers with.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:49 PM

cla 250
Originally Posted by jmevox
70k is insanely high i would say. I haven't priced them out though since I bought mine in 2014. Also, why can't you get red brakes? I have them on mine I refused to take the car without them
It's fully speced. The new AMG performance package it doesnt allow you to get red brakes with the package.

Originally Posted by bmoney12
Was it a performance studio pkg car with the orange accents? I believe that's the only pkg that you can't get red calipers with.
Yep, that one. I want red brakes on it so bad
Old 06-20-2016, 03:15 AM

8S - TTRS
Buy it then get it painted. Simple. will cost you about $300 but worth it.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
I just did Build Your Own on MB Canada's site.
With the AMG and Premium Package and the black 19" wheels it comes up with red AMG calipers just as my 2015 has.