Baltimore VPC Delays 2021

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Baltimore VPC Delays 2021

Hi All,

My CLA45 arrived at the Baltimore VPC on 6/14 (1.5 weeks ago). My dealer called the VPC and they said they are waiting on 1 semiconductor and have no ETA. It is P1 and as my dealer puts it "red hot". Anyone have a similar experience recently with a semiconductor delay and how long to expect?

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2021, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250
Originally Posted by jsarn
Hi All,

My CLA45 arrived at the Baltimore VPC on 6/14 (1.5 weeks ago). My dealer called the VPC and they said they are waiting on 1 semiconductor and have no ETA. It is P1 and as my dealer puts it "red hot". Anyone have a similar experience recently with a semiconductor delay and how long to expect?

Thanks!
i'm in the same boat.. GLB is has been at the VPC for a week with no ETA. i might cancel this order if it take another few weeks without an ETA.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:21 PM

C300
My car has now been at the port for 4 weeks, but I did get an update last week. The 1 chip its missing is for Mercedes Me Connect to work. This chip is expected to arrive in Q1 of 2022 LOL. Obviously MB isn’t going to sit on these cars for that long, so they are going to let customers sign a waiver to release the car without the chip and come back in Q1 for it. It’s been 1 week since I was told about the waiver, and my dealer said they are still waiting on legal to release the waiver. It blows my mind that MB is so slow and losing tons of $. I feel like I will never get this car.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:13 PM

2019 A250 4MATIC 2015 TOYOTA 86
My car has now been at the port for 4 weeks, but I did get an update last week. The 1 chip its missing is for Mercedes Me Connect to work. This chip is expected to arrive in Q1 of 2022 LOL. Obviously MB isn’t going to sit on these cars for that long, so they are going to let customers sign a waiver to release the car without the chip and come back in Q1 for it. It’s been 1 week since I was told about the waiver, and my dealer said they are still waiting on legal to release the waiver. It blows my mind that MB is so slow and losing tons of $. I feel like I will never get this car.
Any updates?
Old 07-23-2021, 02:48 PM

GLA250
My order has been in Baltimore since July 4th. It was like pulling teeth to get it out of the dealership that it was missing the semiconductor. They asked me to sign the waiver and offered $300 in compensation for taking the incomplete car. They never gave a timeframe on when the car would receive the chip. Anyone else offered such a ridiculous amount to take the car? I thought they must be kidding.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nes431
My order has been in Baltimore since July 4th. It was like pulling teeth to get it out of the dealership that it was missing the semiconductor. They asked me to sign the waiver and offered $300 in compensation for taking the incomplete car. They never gave a timeframe on when the car would receive the chip. Anyone else offered such a ridiculous amount to take the car? I thought they must be kidding.
Did they tell you which chip is missing? And would they do recall when the chip is available?
Old 07-23-2021, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,005 Likes on 589 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by DKKK
Did they tell you which chip is missing? And would they do recall when the chip is available?
It's the 4G/HERMES module. Seems like it will be available starting next year sometime.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Eaton
It's the 4G/HERMES module. Seems like it will be available starting next year sometime.
I see, at least it better than missing chips in the Presafe module
Old 07-23-2021, 05:03 PM

C300
Originally Posted by DKKK
Any updates?
Got my waiver this past Monday. Dealer said the port has all the paperwork and I'll have the car by end of the month. Fingers crossed! They wouldn't have released it if it was for any safety features. The HERMES module only affects Mercedes Me Connect functionality and any outbound 4G connectivity.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:09 PM

Congratulations! Yea I heard some A45s in australia are missing some chips relative to its Presafe system, and they are asked to sign the waiver
Old 07-25-2021, 08:11 AM

GLA250
My dealer assures me that if I take the car now "as is" MB will install the Hermes unit when available. (Waiver) So now Navigation and no Mercedes Me for how long??? They will not commit to a time frame, not even Q1 22, like some other posts read. They will only say that the cars without the module will be prioritized to receive them. I find that incredibly hard to believe. Why on earth would MB put a chip in a car that's already sold when they can put it in a new one to sell??? What happens when Q1 22 comes and the car is still not whole? I'm not feeling it.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:01 PM

C300
Picked up on Saturday, 3 weeks after signing waiver. And boy was it worth the wait…

Old 08-10-2021, 10:29 AM

Volkswagen Jetta
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jlunn5
i'm in the same boat.. GLB is has been at the VPC for a week with no ETA. i might cancel this order if it take another few weeks without an ETA.
Same case with me. I purchased it on July 29 and till now no update. They are not even sending the waiver form for missing semiconductor. Any latest information on how much time it should take in VPC Baltimore?
I will probably cancel the order, if it is taking more than 4 weeks
Old 08-13-2021, 05:51 PM

CLA 45
I changed my order from a CLA35 to a CLA45 back in March 2021. Built in June, dropped at the port in Halifax Canada on July 15th. Since then my car has been stuck there because of the missing module. ETA was August 2nd and now pushed back into September. Like everyone else I'm not liking this lack of firm confirmation. I did reach out to my dealer about taking delivery without it, pending signing of the waiver in question. They emailed MB Canada to ask if that was an option.

I'm pretty much stuck waiting for them as I traded-in my LC 500 back in 02/2021 to order this one. Since I save the sales tax from the trade-in (15.5% here in Quebec) I'm hostage to this car being delivered. I did look at buying another model but inventories are so low right now that there's nothing else I'm willing to trade for. Will post back when I hear back from my dealer.

Last edited by CLA35; 08-13-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
can you explain as my CLA IS been delayed but haven't been told why was built 2 months ago and I feel your pain I feel like I'm never going take ownership and Mercedes-Benz took all our money with no intention of delivering. That's how it feels when they don't tell you ****e like my case. Where my dealer is but getting any information but I am not my dealership is the worst this company is turning out to be the worst. As I could any number of cars I had to fan in love with this one and I always driven Mercedes-Benz but they are about lose lifelong customers in tired being treated second Fiddle to electric. Do you guys feel that way? I see a new electric 2023 that tuber working on in Twitter and its very alienating for people who been waiting over year for a "new" car by time we get it it'll be a Mish mash of crap that in end will be subpar to what we should gotten and had the luxury spending more time and in some cases getting charged more. I know dealers charging 21% above msrp that's INSANE AND IT DIDN'T MATTER IF YOUR BUYING BASE CLA 35 COST 47K I BELIEVE THAT'S CRAZY THESE PEOPLE NEED KNOW WE NOT HAPPY ID LIKE FORM A COLLECTIVE AND GET SIGNIFICANT # SIGNATURE, I TOLD MY FOLK WE WON'T GET THIS CAR MOST LIKELY EVER AND IF WE DO IT'LL BE TRASH AND WE'LL GET LATE. BUT THAT'S FINE I'LL TAKE IT AND SUE THEM AND ENTER CLASS ACTIONS THAT I BET ARE GOING COME OUT WOODWORK AGAINST PLENTY AUTOMOTIVE COMPANIES INCLUDING MERCEDES-BENZ ACCORDING LAWYERS I TALKED TO AND EVEN SOME HONEST MERCEDES-BENZ PEEPS SAID YES I THINK THIS WILL END BADLY IN A CLASS ACTION BUT YOU DIDN'T GET THAT FROM ME. SO IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME DATES ON WHEN THEY ORDERED ETC
Old 06-04-2022, 10:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Yes still waiting

Yes I'm still worrying my car is built and wormhole 4 months for part and nobody telling me what part beverage I assume is crowded compatability and being used on other cars unethical of them . It's ridiculous they can't fix the issues while I'm waiting they should be able add mbuz 549 and augmented now that available

Hi All,

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2022, 03:47 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 E-350 Loaded
UPDAYE 7/21/22 Hermes chip update 6/10/2022

All,
The Hermes chip's are trickling in and I've received my service bulletin and set appointment for install and another service campaign.
I will call two days prior to insure the chip is in hand.
They are giving a loaner car for the day and told me its been taking them 3x longer than the letter indicates.

All,
The Hermes chip's are trickling in and I've received my service bulletin and set appointment for install and another service campaign.
I will call two days prior to insure the chip is in hand.
They are giving a loaner car for the day and told me its been taking them 3x longer than the letter indicates.

Update: Hermes chip installed and all works great. Start date for ME and Nav updates are from July 2022 chip install.
Best

Last edited by SmokinJoe; 07-31-2022 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:59 AM

LX
it better than missing chips in the Presafe module

Last edited by daryel.corran; 08-25-2022 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-07-2024, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw
It was like pulling teeth to get it out of the dealership that it was missing the semiconductor. They asked me to sign the waiver and offered $300 in compensation for taking the incomplete car. They never gave a timeframe on when the car would receive the chip.

Last edited by WadeBrookss; 07-07-2024 at 01:17 PM.