CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Is PCM SEALED against the airbox in your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB CLA45 AMG
Is PCM SEALED against the airbox in your car?

I devoted a lot of time modifying the air intake in my 2018 CLA 45 (Turbo Hose, flange of the turbo hose/airbox), high flow air filter, and yesterday I was sealing a small gap in that flange with a silicone strip, when I noticed that where the PCM sticks to the airbox, it is a non hermetic joint. FAR FROM IT. There is a huge gap (about half inch), that allows hot engine compartment air to enter freely by that gap by the PCM´s edges. If you look the PCM from within the airbox from the inside (without the lid), and find the correct view angle, you could see an all around PCM/airbox gap....
Or, I am thinking now, it´s just me, and I am missing some seal? (bought my baby second hand)

If anyone could answer this, or even better, share a picture, I will appreciate it very much.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
c class
Originally Posted by southerndeal
I devoted a lot of time modifying the air intake in my 2018 CLA 45 (Turbo Hose, flange of the turbo hose/airbox), high flow air filter, and yesterday I was sealing a small gap in that flange with a silicone strip, when I noticed that where the PCM sticks to the airbox, it is a non hermetic joint. FAR FROM192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 IT. There is a huge gap (about half inch), that allows hot engine compartment air to enter freely by that gap by the PCM´s edges. If you look the PCM from within the airbox from the inside (without the lid), and find the correct view angle, you could see an all around PCM/airbox gap....
Or, I am thinking now, it´s just me, and I am missing some seal? (bought my baby second hand)

If anyone could answer this, or even better, share a picture, I will appreciate it very much.

Thanks.
no It's not actually , I'll post an image later now I'm at work

Last edited by garyharbon; 10-09-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB CLA45 AMG
Great!

Originally Posted by garyharbon
no It's not actually , I'll post an image later now I'm at work
Thanks buddy. I'll wait for it.