CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Hidden storage compartments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 10:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 CLA 45 AMG
Hidden storage compartments

I just received my new CLA 45 a couple days ago. It's been fun to explore, an interesting how many hidden nooks there are.

This is the wireless charging pad in the center console:

You can see a small black lever, which when pulled, opens up like this:

Any idea what that's for?

Then, in the glove box, which looks like this:

there is that light gray tab on the top. When twisted, an upper compartment opens up and drops down, like this:

It looks like it could be designed to hold the owner's manual, but it's a tad too tight, maybe only by a 1/4 inch. It will hold the owner's manual and related booklets without the leather folder, so maybe that's what it's for? Any other ideas?

Also of interest, is the space below the trunk floor. I was pleasantly surprised to find a flat tire repair kit (with a can of sealant), and lots of space to hold additional things you might want to keep in your car, including grocery bags and an extra umbrella:

Old 10-03-2021, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GL450
I believe the thing in the glove box is a vent from the AC to keep your schnapps cold while driving the Nuremberg loop. Or maybe it is a place to store the giant owners manual, My GL450's is too big for the glove box and the mesh net holder on the passenger side isn't strong enough for the weight of it.

Last edited by mglsite; 10-03-2021 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 12:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,391 Likes on 2,039 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
The small black lever is to secure your phone while it is wireless charging, MB is good at showing attention to detail : )
The following users liked this post:
crester (10-03-2021)
Old 10-07-2021, 11:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
The small black lever is to secure your phone while it is wireless charging, MB is good at showing attention to detail : )
Wow, that is pretty good attention to detail. Now I'm just waiting for the day when automakers build phone mounts right into the dash, rather than always having to go for a subpar after market option.

Originally Posted by mglsite
I believe the thing in the glove box is a vent from the AC to keep your schnapps cold while driving the Nuremberg loop. Or maybe it is a place to store the giant owners manual, My GL450's is too big for the glove box and the mesh net holder on the passenger side isn't strong enough for the weight of it.
I thought that too, but it doesn't seem to blow any air, and is also slightly too small for the owner's manual. While the Germans won't be able to enjoy their schnapps cold, it's a good thing they like some of their beers warm.