CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Current wait times for ordering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 07:05 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by ECUCarolina
How is everyone enjoying their 45. Im at 934 miles since August 2nd. So Close.
2080 since Aug 17😆 you could say I’m enjoying it.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 CLA 45 (EQE 500 incoming)
Originally Posted by Sockinatoaster
2080 since Aug 17😆 you could say I’m enjoying it.
I'm at 797. Longest month of my life. 😅
I'm really enjoying how much people love to ask about the car. Was chatting with my barber today and he was surprised it was less than $100k. I suppose all of the other quick AMGs are that much or more. Never thought of mine as a bargain, but maybe it was. 😁
Did not expect to love the MBUX trackpad as much as I do. The integration with Android Auto is excellent. Haven't figured out how to skip tracks easily when playing music with Android Auto though. There has to be a way to do it from the steering wheel (I hope). Have to look it up.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:56 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by Uncle D
Haven't figured out how to skip tracks easily when playing music with Android Auto though. There has to be a way to do it from the steering wheel (I hope). Have to look it up.
Have you tried swiping right and left on the top of trackpad? That works for me on iPhone, don't know about Android.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:40 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
CLA 45 AMG
Morning Mates! Work has been crazy, so miles on the 45 have been in little trips.
I should turn 1000 miles over the weekend. Excited to let it rip for a bit.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:49 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by CarolinaPirate
Morning Mates! Work has been crazy, so miles on the 45 have been in little trips.
I should turn 1000 miles over the weekend. Excited to let it rip for a bit.
Go out ricer hunting Im at 1200 miles now and have been loving the pops and crackles.
The following users liked this post:
Uncle D (10-25-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 09:27 AM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
2022 SL 63
As from latest updates, all the MY2022 models have turned to MY2023 models. Initial delivery was put to November 2022 but then pushed back to March 2023 for all orders, besides some with the default rims. If we look back at the MY2022, it's likely the real deliery date is May 2023 due to delays that come with Mercedes releasing the car. On top of that, expect a price jump for the MY2023 ranging from 5%-10%. This is information is taken from multiple Mercedes dealers.

Personally, I cancelled my allocation for MY2022 now MY2023 CLA. I bought the only CLA 45 that was available in my state. It's way more spec'd up then I'd like (83k CAD vs my 76k CAD config) but with the price jump I'd have to pay for a MY2023, might as well get more options and have it almost fully loaded. The only asinine thing is that it's missing the 360 camera option. How the **** do you have parking assist, multiple 3k options but no 360 camera for 600 bucks. Regardless, I'll be picking it up tomorrow!
Old 09-27-2022, 09:49 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by kcirm
As from latest updates, all the MY2022 models have turned to MY2023 models. Initial delivery was put to November 2022 but then pushed back to March 2023 for all orders, besides some with the default rims. If we look back at the MY2022, it's likely the real deliery date is May 2023 due to delays that come with Mercedes releasing the car. On top of that, expect a price jump for the MY2023 ranging from 5%-10%. This is information is taken from multiple Mercedes dealers.

Personally, I cancelled my allocation for MY2022 now MY2023 CLA. I bought the only CLA 45 that was available in my state. It's way more spec'd up then I'd like (83k CAD vs my 76k CAD config) but with the price jump I'd have to pay for a MY2023, might as well get more options and have it almost fully loaded. The only asinine thing is that it's missing the 360 camera option. How the **** do you have parking assist, multiple 3k options but no 360 camera for 600 bucks. Regardless, I'll be picking it up tomorrow!
This sounds exactly like my scenario. I ordered a 2021... it got switched to a 2022. Not only did the delivery date get delayed so much more but as you suggested... the price went up several thousand dollars for the base price of the car and individual options increased in price as well. So I saw a 2021 model become available for sale at a local Mercedes dealership... so I jumped on it and bought it! And you know what? I'm so happy with my purchase... and I know you will be too! 😎

What City are you in? I've been seeing some CLA45 being listed for over CAD$90,000 on Autotrader.ca which is really shocking to me considering that the base price of the car is about CAD$60,000.

Oh... and my car is also missing 360 degrees camera!

Last edited by crester; 09-27-2022 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:41 AM

2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by kcirm
…The only asinine thing is that it's missing the 360 camera option. How the **** do you have parking assist, multiple 3k options but no 360 camera for 600 bucks. Regardless, I'll be picking it up tomorrow!
I noticed that in the owners manual. With the 360 camera I just have yellow and red indicators light up on the image of the car. Without the camera you get a radar looking display with range rings showing how close the object is.

Old 09-28-2022, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cla45
Outbound port or inbound? Mine was built June 21, got to Bremerhaven a few days later and then didn’t move for a month. When it got here it was in and out of the VPC in a few days. When it was released it only took two days to get to me. It seems really random. Some people got theirs quickly, others waited a bit. I’m sure MB has some logic to how they ship, but I can’t see it.

My ship will be in Baltimore today so my car will be in the states. When do you think I will see this my dealer is 2 hours away from there.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:11 PM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
2022 SL 63
Originally Posted by crester
This sounds exactly like my scenario. I ordered a 2021... it got switched to a 2022. Not only did the delivery date get delayed so much more but as you suggested... the price went up several thousand dollars for the base price of the car and individual options increased in price as well. So I saw a 2021 model become available for sale at a local Mercedes dealership... so I jumped on it and bought it! And you know what? I'm so happy with my purchase... and I know you will be too! 😎

What City are you in? I've been seeing some CLA45 being listed for over CAD$90,000 on Autotrader.ca which is really shocking to me considering that the base price of the car is about CAD$60,000.

Oh... and my car is also missing 360 degrees camera!
Happy to find another 360-less brother hahaha. Unfortunately a 360 camera retrofit cost ~4k CAD. Anyways, its nothing some good parking mathematics can't compensate for

I'm in Montreal, but I bought the car from the dealer in Boucherville. My car was MSRP 83k+a few dealer options (that I wanted).

I've seen the cars you're talking about and it is simply ridiculous. In Ontario, I've seen quite a few CLA's at 90k without even the Aerodynamic Package. Dealers are marking them up to the moon. There's not a single car you can get under 80k, even if it's very barebones in options.

On one side, these are the only CLAs you could get before the next summer & they are very low stock. But on the other side, the car market is dropping. I hope no one will fold to these sketchy dealers and force them to drop back down to msrp at the very least.

He'll, I've seen a dude trying to sell his used 2022 CLA for 90k. Made absolutely no sense considering I had a brand new loaded one available for 83k. On top of that, we all know how financing is for used cars right now. Daylight robbery as well!
Old 11-13-2022, 09:56 AM

Those are the ultrasonic sensors that are used for short range sensing. 4 across the front and 4 across that back I believe. I'm pretty sure the cameras are just for the driver's situational awareness and the ultrasonics are doing the heaving lifting for the parking function. I was in an EQS last week that we were backing down a corridor in the test facility and it appears to have ultrasonics down the side, as well.

Sorry for the double post. I meant to reply to Sockinatoaster and got this instead... Can't figure out how to delete it.

Last edited by Uncle D; 11-13-2022 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Double Post
Old 11-13-2022, 09:57 AM

I noticed that in the owners manual. With the 360 camera I just have yellow and red indicators light up on the image of the car. Without the camera you get a radar looking display with range rings showing how close the object is.

Those are the ultrasonic sensors that are used for short range sensing. 4 across the front and 4 across that back I believe. I'm pretty sure the cameras are just for the driver's situational awareness and the ultrasonics are doing the heaving lifting for the parking function. I was in an EQS last week that we were backing down a corridor in the test facility and it appears to have ultrasonics down the side, as well.
Old 11-13-2022, 10:18 AM

Just got back from Stuttgart yesterday after several delays. I have seen articles talking about the A-class being discontinued and the CLA living on (for now). I know the CLA will live on because I saw the manufacturing prototypes of the next CLA. It's no secret that MB keeps models around for 7 years so you won't see the new one until 2026, but it's coming for sure. There will be a sedan and a wagon. If only the wagon would come to the US...

The vehicle we were using for testing was a C-class and I have to say I like the interior of our CLAs much better than the new C-class. I prefer using the trackpad over a touchscreen and the trackpad is gone in all of the new models. The interior of the CLA (materials, lighting, layout) is much better IMO. I don't think the price for the new C63 has been announced yet, but I'm expecting it to be much more expensive than the CLA 45. We'll see.

I only have my lease for 12 months, but I'm seriously considering purchasing a CLA 45 of my own. The only issue is the lead time and whether or not I can get one before my lease is up. I would really like to jump into the EV space, but something comparable in performance is just too expensive compared to what you get in the CLA 45. It's hard to beat.