Current wait times for ordering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 674 Likes on 531 Posts
c
Originally Posted by crester
Looks at what others are saying... looks like I'm right and you're wrong... haha
You're seriously petty. You just had to interject without understanding why I was asking the question and now your ego is hurting because it went right over your head. These cars are being finished, not started - but you'll likely overlook that detail and the context around that.

Cars typically take about 3 months from start to finish to build. When my SA told me my order got pushed to MY23 I simply wanted to know when the switch was occurring. MY23 cars should still ship fall (especially for existing model lines without major changes). Now will the CLA45? IDK - it's a low production, low priority build that will certainly take a back seat to the major volume pusher that is the c class.

I have both cars on order, I will likely take delivery of the w206 C43 over the CLA45 but if the time frame was significantly earlier I could see myself going the other way. With the W206 being a brand new car it could get held at port for emissions/crash testing - which is an entirely different variable.

I have previously taken delivery of a next MY in August (aka MY20 in august of 2019) - everything is sort of turned upside down with all the shortages - between materials and even boats to get the cars here.

And guaranteed you won't be able to resist posting again to try and "prove" something.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:33 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by alexasa
You're seriously petty. You just had to interject without understanding why I was asking the question and now your ego is hurting because it went right over your head. These cars are being finished, not started - but you'll likely overlook that detail and the context around that.

Cars typically take about 3 months from start to finish to build. When my SA told me my order got pushed to MY23 I simply wanted to know when the switch was occurring. MY23 cars should still ship fall (especially for existing model lines without major changes). Now will the CLA45? IDK - it's a low production, low priority build that will certainly take a back seat to the major volume pusher that is the c class.

I have both cars on order, I will likely take delivery of the w206 C43 over the CLA45 but if the time frame was significantly earlier I could see myself going the other way. With the W206 being a brand new car it could get held at port for emissions/crash testing - which is an entirely different variable.

I have previously taken delivery of a next MY in August (aka MY20 in august of 2019) - everything is sort of turned upside down with all the shortages - between materials and even boats to get the cars here.

And guaranteed you won't be able to resist posting again to try and "prove" something.
Rofl... you wrote all that instead of just admitting you were wrong. 🤣🤣🤣 Anyways based on previous years... as I said... if you have a 2023 CLA45 it will probably be built Septmber or after.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:28 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,393 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 CLS63
Rofl... you wrote all that instead of just admitting you were wrong. 🤣🤣🤣 Anyways based on previous years... as I said... if you have a 2023 CLA45 it will probably be built Septmber or after.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:51 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by CarolinaPirate
My VIN is also for a 22.
Thanks to a fellow MbWorld member I was able to see my complete build order.
I received my complete build order no deletes.
Two of my packages are Lite packages; Multimedia Package and the AMG Dynamic Plus Package Lite.
Yeah, we got no AR navigation or AMG track pace. It's also a lower model headunit. Track pace I can live without, but the AR nav is cool as hell.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:53 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by Sockinatoaster
Yeah, we got no AR navigation or AMG track pace. It's also a lower model headunit. Track pace I can live without, but the AR nav is cool as hell.
I have the AR nav... and if it makes you feel better... while it is a cool feature... it's not something necessary at all. You'll be fine.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:56 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by alexasa

3 months? I was given a projected build date of May 3 which slipped to June 21. As of May 27 it wasn't in production, I had someone from B sales on Reddit look up the PO number for me in Netstar. June 22 the dealer emailed me that production was complete and gave me the VIN. So they're assembled in way less than 3 months.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:58 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
I have the AR nav... and if it makes you feel better... while it is a cool feature... it's not something necessary at all. You'll be fine.
Oh yeah, I'll live, but I have a geeky thing about missing options. I always hated the blank switch spots in the family when I was a kid. So as adult that trauma now costs me a fortune
Old 06-25-2022, 09:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
CLA 45 AMG
3 months? I was given a projected build date of May 3 which slipped to June 21. As of May 27 it wasn't in production, I had someone from B sales on Reddit look up the PO number for me in Netstar. June 22 the dealer emailed me that production was complete and gave me the VIN. So they're assembled in way less than 3 months.
Similar story for me … I had a third-decade dealer allotment slot - Got pushed to June 16 but my car ended up being built on the 15th.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 674 Likes on 531 Posts
c
From start to delivery is usually around 3 months (in my experience). Could be taking longer in the current atmosphere.

I don't think they are super organized on the logistics side either right now which could be exacerbated by the low volume on this car and the new releases of many cars using the same fundamental engine block as the CLA45 (M139).

I'm not stating facts, I am telling you my experience in the past ordering cars and the current status from my SA.

Last edited by alexasa; 06-25-2022 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:35 AM

CLA 45 AMG
Did some geeking-out over the weekend trying to anticipate shipping of my CLA45 - I'm guessing Sockinatoaster's 45 will be mines travel buddy.
Wallenius has two upcoming car transports scheduled to depart Bremerhaven.

June 28 Bremerhaven departure (Arc Defender)
June 30 Bremerhaven departure (Don Carlos)

My car's port of entry is supposed to be Brunswick, Ga. - that puts the average trip duration from Bremerhaven to Brunswick being around 28 days.
For those getting their car dropped off in Baltimore duration of the trip appears to be around 24-25 days.
The following users liked this post:
ECUCarolina (07-02-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 10:53 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Did some geeking-out over the weekend trying to anticipate shipping of my CLA45 - I'm guessing Sockinatoaster's 45 will be mines travel buddy.

My car's port of entry is supposed to be Brunswick, Ga. - that puts the average trip duration from Bremerhaven to Brunswick being around 28 days.
For those getting their car dropped off in Baltimore duration of the trip appears to be around 24-25 days.
Having configured and ordered many cars over the years, my advice is to forget about it and not obsess.....it is exciting but maddening at the same time
That being said it is sort of fun to track the process
crester (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 04:10 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Having configured and ordered many cars over the years, my advice is to forget about it and not obsess.....it is exciting but maddening at the same time
That being said it is sort of fun to track the process
That's where I'm at right now. I've waited since December, I can wait a little longer. That being said, I'll still likely check the ship out when I get the name.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:37 AM

CLA 45 AMG
I've had two MINIs built - not sure they still do it - but I got updates as the car went through the assembly process.
My last MINI was built in 2012 I followed the ship to port in Brunswick, and then things went dark.
A day later the General Manager of the dealership called—asked if I could come by.
Turned out the Transport vehicle was involved in a wreck and my car was the only one not 'damaged'.
My car received a couple of pinhead-sized paint dings that were fixed.

For my CLA 45, this is more about the curiosity about the process in challenging logistics times.
And I will admit I'm so excited to get my first Merc!
Old 06-28-2022, 09:44 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
That's where I'm at right now. I've waited since December, I can wait a little longer. That being said, I'll still likely check the ship out when I get the name.
​​​​​​Wow, December is quite the wait......but I understand/realize that the world was turned upside down for quite a while. Good luck! The wait will pay off!
Old 06-29-2022, 09:44 PM

2023 AMG GT 53

I think we're looking at the latter half of July for a ship really. Late August delivery sounds more realistic
CarolinaPirate (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 10:22 PM

CLA 45 AMG
I think we're looking at the latter half of July for a ship really. Late August delivery sounds more realistic
I think your right - I was being overly optimistic.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA250
Just jumping on the forum. I ordered a 45AMG as well, built on 21 Jun 2022, and was informed by dealership it was waiting on a part and then will be shipped.
ECUCarolina (07-02-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 02:11 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by Alpha006
Just jumping on the forum. I ordered a 45AMG as well, built on 21 Jun 2022, and was informed by dealership it was waiting on a part and then will be shipped.
do you know what part? I had the same build day. Did you you order the multimedia and/or track packages? Mine were downgraded to the lite versions as the parts for augmented reality weren’t available.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA250
Actually, didn't say what part it was waiting on. Opted out of the multimedia package but did get the AMG drive unit and AMG ride control. I have read the others threads in regards to shipping; VPC for me is Brunswick as well. Based on the shipping tutorial, it looks like it didn't make the ship this week.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:06 PM

CLA 45 AMG
Actually, didn't say what part it was waiting on. Opted out of the multimedia package but did get the AMG drive unit and AMG ride control. I have read the others threads in regards to shipping; VPC for me is Brunswick as well. Based on the shipping tutorial, it looks like it didn't make the ship this week.
My VPC is also Brunswick.
Also curious what part your car is waiting on?
My sales rep says I got all my options - but two were downgraded to lite.
If you do some digging on the schedule from the Wallenius site.
It's showing the following for Bremerhaven to Brunswick;
June 30 > Don Carlos (not sure this is still accurate - Don Carlos is anchored off the shore and the Arc Defender is on its way to Bremerhaven)

Then the schedule gets busy, with seven ships scheduled to depart Bremerhaven from July 20—July 26.
I have to think these schedules have some moving pieces, but still, you would think our CLA 45's will catch a ride with the July batch of ships.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:27 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
The Hermes module has been a holdup for a while now, but i read they were installing them at the VPCs not the port of departure. Who knows at this point. I plan on trying to forget about it and then one day get a surprise phone call telling me to come pick it up.
CarolinaPirate (06-30-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 09:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
CLA45 AMG
I ordered mine back in November 2021 and the sales man in Cary screwed it up, instead of building a new car, he removed one of my features and couldnt add it back, they had to call Germany to get it added back and put me back into the waiting order so march got pushed to april then to may, FINALLY car was at port awaiting assignment of ship on 6/28/2022. So CarolinaPirate (Im ECU too) and im awaiting my CL45 from brunswick too.

​​​​​​Zeebrügge

Donington - Charleston/Brunswick

Bremerhaven

ARC DEFENDER

TORINO

TREASURE

ORION HIGHWAY

Talisman

These are all the ships I could track back to Brunswick from beginning of June. The Donington is somewhere in the atlatnic already.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:04 PM

CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by ECUCarolina
I ordered mine back in November 2021 and the sales man in Cary screwed it up, instead of building a new car, he removed one of my features and couldnt add it back, they had to call Germany to get it added back and put me back into the waiting order so march got pushed to april then to may, FINALLY car was at port awaiting assignment of ship on 6/28/2022. So CarolinaPirate (Im ECU too) and im awaiting my CL45 from brunswick too.

​​​​​​Zeebrügge

Donington - Charleston/Brunswick

Bremerhaven

ARC DEFENDER

TORINO

TREASURE

ORION HIGHWAY

Talisman

These are all the ships I could track back to Brunswick from beginning of June. The Donington is somewhere in the atlatnic already.
… go BUCS!
My CLA45 build was completed on June 16th. Not sure how long it took to get it to port-but he's parked there now awaiting ship assignment too.
I'm assuming our 45's will travel together all the way to the Carolina's.
Mine will be dropped off in Greenville, SC at Carlton.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:07 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
… go BUCS!
My CLA45 build was completed on June 16th. Not sure how long it took to get it to port-but he's parked there now awaiting ship assignment too.
I'm assuming our 45's will travel together all the way to the Carolina's.
Mine will be dropped off in Greenville, SC at Carlton.
From what I’ve read, in normal times they get put on a train to Bremerhaven where they wait for a boat. So our cars “should” be at the port. Realistically I don’t see them being on a boat until July 24 earliest

Old 07-03-2022, 10:01 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
CLA45 AMG
From what I’ve read, in normal times they get put on a train to Bremerhaven where they wait for a boat. So our cars “should” be at the port. Realistically I don’t see them being on a boat until July 24 earliest
Dont even tell me that lol. A lot of our CLA45 will travel together.

CarolinaPirate you need to come up to Morrisville Cars and Coffee when you get it. Biggest cars in coffee on the east coast almost, over 4000+ cars and people there yesterday.
CarolinaPirate (07-03-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Current wait times for ordering