CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

OEM Homelink mirror install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 CLA 45 AMG
OEM Homelink mirror install

New to this forum. Looking forward to learning more about my CLA 45!

I bought a 2020 CLA 45 about a month ago and was disappointed when I realized it didn’t come from the factory with the $300.00 garage door opener option.
I ordered a Homelink capable mirror from Mercedes abs needed to supply my VIN to ensure correctness.
I had the mirror installed, it has power, lights come on and the orange light flashes when a button is pushed, but it doesn’t take a program. I’ve tried garage openers and gate fobs but no luck.
are there any wiring changes also needed, or do I have a defective mirror.

thanks for reading.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:03 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 AMG GT 53
I was hoping it would be plug and play as I’m looking to do this also. How much did the dealer charge you for it?
as for programming, they always seem hit and miss. The ones in my Subaru worked without a hitch, but I could never VW and Audi homework mirrors to pair easily. Took a lot of repeating the steps over and over. Maybe it’s a German car thing.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:26 PM

2020 CLA 45 AMG
I paid almost $800.00 for a new mirror from Mercedes. I too was hoping for plug and play, but it doesn’t seem to accept programming.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:16 PM

2020 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by bobberGman
New to this forum. Looking forward to learning more about my CLA 45!

I bought a 2020 CLA 45 about a month ago and was disappointed when I realized it didn’t come from the factory with the $300.00 garage door opener option.
I ordered a Homelink capable mirror from Mercedes abs needed to supply my VIN to ensure correctness.
I had the mirror installed, it has power, lights come on and the orange light flashes when a button is pushed, but it doesn’t take a program. I’ve tried garage openers and gate fobs but no luck.
are there any wiring changes also needed, or do I have a defective mirror.

thanks for reading.
update. I found out that if the car doesn’t come equipped with the rear view mirror with Homelink, after installing an OEM mirror you have to bring the car to the dealer to program / enable that function.
I’ll post what that charge is after I pick up the car on the 25th.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by bobberGman
update. I found out that if the car doesn’t come equipped with the rear view mirror with Homelink, after installing an OEM mirror you have to bring the car to the dealer to program / enable that function.
I’ll post what that charge is after I pick up the car on the 25th.
have you looked at RJ Automotive? I just had him turn on my intelligent high beams and some other stuff. Pretty he could do it for less than the dealer.