Winter Wheels & Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 03:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Focus RS 18
Winter Wheels & Tires

Hi All,

Can everyone share their winter wheel and tire set-ups they are running? I didn't get a ton of information searching, only found a link to MB OEM winter tires/wheels packages which are more than I want to spend https://www.mbusa.com/en/winter-whee...ire-assemblies.

Is anyone running a different aftermarket wheel set-up for the winter? Please share what set-up you are running, I'm leaning towards just getting winter tires to put on the 19" wheels. I normally like to have separate winter wheel and tire packages but don't want to spend a small fortune on MB OEM wheels for the winter.
Old 01-04-2023, 02:28 AM
ozo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2021 CLA 45 AMG, Subaru WRX STI
Thats $800-$900 per wheel/tire they’re quoting right?

Anyway, pretty sure I said F that when they gave me a quote and just ordered a tire and wheel package from Tire Rack.

https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/platin...-black-painted (18 inch)
and
235/40R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4

is what Im running. Was about ~$1500 when I ordered it in 2020. Note that the clearance is a bit scary if you have the bigger perfomance package calipers, however Ive had no issues.

There are likely other combos available from tire rack if you're curious and look around the site.

Last edited by ozo; 01-04-2023 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 CLA 45 Edition 55
Originally Posted by ozo
Thats $800-$900 per wheel/tire they’re quoting right?

Anyway, pretty sure I said F that when they gave me a quote and just ordered a tire and wheel package from Tire Rack.

https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/platin...-black-painted (18 inch)
and
235/40R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4

is what Im running. Was about ~$1500 when I ordered it in 2020. Note that the clearance is a bit scary if you have the bigger perfomance package calipers, however Ive had no issues.

There are likely other combos available from tire rack if you're curious and look around the site.
I called Tirerack a week ago and they didn't have the wheel specs for the CLA 45, so he couldn't offer me anything that was sure would fit properly. What wheel width and offset are those Platinum retribution wheels you bought?
Thanks!
Richard
Old 01-05-2023, 06:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Focus RS 18
As an update, I tried discount tire and had better luck on their site. They actually have compatible wheels listed and way more tire options.

I wound up going with the OEM size of 255/35/19 in Michelin Alpin PA4’s. I had these on my Focus RS and I loved them. I will put them on the OEM wheels and may get a second set of wheels for summer after I have more time to research and really think about what I want.

I recommend checking out discount tire for anyone looking.