Problems with new MBCLA 250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB CLA 250
Problems with new MBCLA 250

Hello everyone

I just bought a new MB CLA 250 (cosmos black, black interior with ashwood trim, sports/premium package). I signed the deal yesterday and was gonna pick up the car at the same time. But at the last minute I was told that there was some problem with the car. They said there was some "modular problem". On enquiring further they said that the car lamp module had some problem, that it says "check car lamp" even when the car lamp is on. They could not figure out what the problem was and told us that its probably gonna take them couple of days to figure out what the problem is. They also told me that its not a big issue and everything should be fine. I expressed my concerns that this a new car and it already has started giving problems. I dont want any more problems in long run. But they reassured that it should be fine.

Of note, since this was end of the year purchase and the car had some additional features that i didnt really want but still paid for it, I asked for discount and they gave me 3% discount on MSRP (this discount was before we figured out that the car had problem). I am not sure if this is a "lemon" car and thats why they gave me this discount in the first place.

If they are able to fix this issue, should I take this car? Or should I insist on changing the car and getting a new car? Should I just ask for more discount and keep this car?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few toys & 07' E350 4matic w/AMG sport packg.
Sounds like a minor issue to me. Could be a faulty bulb or connection, I'm sure they'll sort it out. After all, it comes with a warranty.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLA45
I wouldn't worry too much.