CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

My Cla stalled on me twice on freeway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes cla, 2009 Mercedes c300
My Cla stalled on me twice on freeway

Hello all I am new to this thread and wanted to post a problem I been facing with my 2014 CLA that has less than 10k miles. The problem started November when a check engine light came on I took it to the dealership and they said a sensor had been malfunctioning so they fixed it. Now 3 weeks ago the check engine light came back on and I called Mercedes to make an appointment they said that the sign comes on due to pressure build up after filling the tank up with gas and just open it and close it then it should be fine. I did that and the sign was still there but gone the next day. Last week while traveling on the freeway at 67mph the cars wheel started to slip and all of a sudden every single light check engine battery everything lit up and turned red. The worst part was that the cars speed dropped to 35 and would not accelerate. I had to swerve into the left lane so I can avoid getting hit, I was thank full to God that no one was behind me. Once I pulled over I turned off the car and started it up again and it was fine. I didn't know what to make of it. Then yesterday I was on the freeway coming home from work the car going around 65 to 70mph all signs came on again and dashboard turned red, and then the car just shut off, there were cars behind me and almost rear ended me luckily I was in the carpool lane and was able to pull over to the side where there's some room. I have a appointment tomorrow at Mercedes and hopefully they can fix this problem. Sorry for this long post I just want to get your all Input on what can be causing this? Thank you

Last edited by Motorfan; 03-07-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
Did they figure out what was wrong ?
Old 03-17-2015, 09:15 AM

2014 Mercedes cla, 2009 Mercedes c300
Yea they said it was a faulty electrical connector issue, and that they had 6 similar cases as mine in California. They replaced the connector and it is working fine hopefully.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:20 AM

2015 CLA250, C300
What sensor was the one malfunctioning? I would have been furious..