CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

CLA 200CDI Sport - AC recirculation issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 200 CDI
Cool CLA 200CDI Sport - AC recirculation issues

Hi, I'm from India and I just got CLA 200 CDI Sports variant and I'm overall happy with the car but for a couple of issues. The variant sold in India has only the manual airconditioning. The problem I face is that the car senses for cabin oxygen levels and automatically goes out of recirculation mode and this is perfect in highways, but in city traffic this brings in fumes and polluted air from outside. In city I switch on the recirculation mode and then after sometime the car automatically goes out of recirculation mode, which we can realise only after feeling the smell of diesel and other fumes coming inside and then I have to switch on the recirculation mode again manually. This happens quite often and it is really smells inside the cabin for a few minutes and it is quite irritating. I have made a complaint with the company and I don't think the personnel quite understand the problem and simply say that my feedback is taken and neccessary action will be taken. Does anyone have the same issues and face the same problem and if so any solution obtained.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 780 Likes on 759 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to C117 forum...
Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 AM

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
This is the way Mercedes has done recirculation for many years. While it's undesirable to breathe polluted air, it's even more undesirable to to become drowsy due to a low-oxygen environment.

Perhaps you can add an activated carbon/charcoal filter to the air intake of your AC system to absorb some of the odors.