CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

2016 Apple CarPlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 CLA 250 4 Matic
2016 Apple CarPlay

Hello everyone! We just recently bought a 2016 CLA 250 4 matic to be passed down to our daughter when she gets her license. I’ve read countless threads about upgrading the head unit with Apple CarPlay. I had our local salesman ask the Mercedes dealer if they could update it and they said they looked up the VIN and said it wasn’t possible. However, everything I’ve read says we should be able to. The car even has the usb port with the iPhone/iPad icons. I’ve included the details from the looking up the vin.

I’d appreciate if someone could either confirm that the dealer is correct and it can’t be update or if it we can update it. Also, if this dealer isn’t aware of how to do update/upgrade it would it be possible for someone to do it remotely by shipping a plug and play module.

Lastly, would I be better off installing an aftermarket unit instead of trying to stick with a factory solution. I’m fairly knowledgeable and hands on type of person and used to do car audio installation. Just looking for others experiences with aftermarket solutions as I’ve been out the car audio game for a while.