Special Order missing options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA
Special Order missing options

Hi Everyone,

New to the MB world. I'm coming out of a BMW 330xi. Ordered a CLA back in November and am taking delivery tomorrow (the whole process has been kind of a nightmare). I had to go to the dealership this morning to get the final invoice to take to my bank for financing. When I did I noticed it was $400 less than the build sheet from November. After further looking into it the Driver Assistance Package is only coming out to $1200 instead of $1700. Apparently some of the pre safe options were left out, has this happened to anyone else? Also any advice on if I should complain to the dealership about this?
Old 03-18-2021, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 985 Likes on 578 Posts
N/A
Here's the deal with the PRE-SAFEŽ stuff:

Due to the global semiconductor shortages, certain parts, including PRE-SAFEŽ, are delayed. Full article
What MB did was create a "Driver Assistance Package Lite (DF5PKG)" at a reduced price, that omits the PRE-SAFEŽ features. This is why you see your order is cheaper now - it was downgraded to the Lite package.
It's certainly annoying, but I guess it's better than no Driver Assistance Package at all!
The following users liked this post:
LJSCLA (03-19-2021)