CLA Coupe (C118) (2019-present) that is debuting as a 2020 model

Eco Assist driving me mad.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 05:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
CLA 200 AMG Line Executive 2023 facelift model, Cosmos Black with Sage Grey interior.
Eco Assist driving me mad.

I have the 2023 facelift CLA 200 AMG line Executive. (Mild hybrid with 48v electric motor)

So now I have figured out it's Eco Assist that is the problem, not Active Brake Assist, which I initially thought.

When in Eco mode or Comfort mode the Eco Assist seems to brake and slow the car when you lift off the accelerator. In previous cars I have got used to coming off the accelerator to slow down naturally or come down a gradient. I am finding that when ever I do this the Eco Assist is unnaturally braking and slowing the car when I don't want it to.

I don't want to drive round in Sport all the time but can't find anywhere where this can be turned off.

Anyone else having this problem and found a fix for it.

I am going to try the Dynamic Select in Individual mode, and try some of the configuration settings.

Last edited by N31PMR; 06-14-2024 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:03 AM

CLA 200 AMG Line Executive 2023 facelift model, Cosmos Black with Sage Grey interior.
Had a good look through all of the menus and there is no way of turning ECO assist off. I either have to drive in Comfort mode with ECO assist still slowing the car when it detects traffic in front or drive in Sport mode where it is deactivated.
Tried Individual mode but if ECO or Comfort engine is selected it's the same as selecting ECO or Comfort mode with ECO assist on and partially on.

Last edited by N31PMR; 06-18-2024 at 08:05 AM.
Old Today, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C118 Facelift CLA 180
My Individual mode is set to comfort engine, sports steering & sports suspension and no self breaking occurs.
Old Today, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dave~
My Individual mode is set to comfort engine, sports steering & sports suspension and no self breaking occurs.
Thanks for the reply.
Okay, will give that a go. I had thought it was still doing it in Individual mode with comfort engine when approaching other cars in my lane, but will try the settings you mentioned. Got a long drive today, so will give me a chance to experiment.
Old Today, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,781 Likes on 2,528 Posts
2019 C63CS
In some models such as the EQ models, ECO Assist can be turned off in the vehicle assistance settings, but it looks like for other models it can't be turned off and is always on in drive programs E and C. To turn it off you have to use drive programs S, S+ or I*.