Booster seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A220
Booster seat

My youngest needs a booster but the one we bought is too wide. It's the Graco Turbobooster backless seat. When placed in the rear seat, it overlaps the seatbelt connection thingy where even an adult can't fiddle with it enough to get the seatbelt to insert. We have to push the seat a couple inches towards the door and even then it's a challenge. This makes it impractical for a child to use the seat and fasten their seatbelt on their own (which they normally can do.) Also, when the seat is pushed towards the door, it ends up at a slant where the child can feel it.

The Graco is supposedly one of the narrower boosters so I'm curious what others have found that works.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
I have 3 kids. The only issue we had was an older car seat for our 2-year-old. We swapped it out for a different one and all is well. My 8 and 6 and 2 years old fits fine. I don't recall having to move the 2-year-olds seat around at all. I will say, however, that the 8 and 6-year-old are not in boosters. We're old school. No one had boosters at that age when I was growing up (and I'm 31) - vehicles are much safer.

Though when we did put them in 2 boosters + the car seat - They still fit fine, they did have to move around a slight bit to get the seatbelts to latch and then all is well.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A220
What make/model boosters did you use?