Mercedes agreed to buyback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 04:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
Mercedes agreed to buyback

Just to update you all. I just got called about an hour ago. Mercedes is repurchasing the vehicle, so good on them for sticking by. Now begins the fun part of the buyback process where there can be some haggling.
I'm going to see if they are willing to upgrade me to a CLA35 (dreaming) but at least a CLA250. If they can pull that off then I'll stick around. If I feel that they're just going to get the car back so they can try to flip it and get some money off of it and not really try to make me a happy customer, I'll probably avoid them like the plague and instead do a lemon law so that they can't legally resell the vehicle.

It's one thing that this is a $45K car, it's another when it's coming from "MERCEDES" which is supposed to be/feel luxurious. Haggling will go back and forth, usually, the standard process is that they repurchased the price of the vehicle you paid for it (including your down payment and all the payments you made) minus normal wear and tear/mileage. I'm not sure the rate.

After that, then you can begin some haggling. I had ceramic coating professionally installed ($1500), destroyed after a repaint. My deductible ($500) for the damages. My time off of work, gas/time-traveling, etc can be factored in to reduce the wear/tear price. My goal is to put back all my deposit and the payments I made over 6 months back into my pocket as well.

If ultimately I decide to stay away from Mercedes, it was nice being here as long as I was, but I won't really have use to come back

Wish me luck!

Old 03-24-2020, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by Deriggs007
I'm going to see if they are willing to upgrade me to a CLA35 (dreaming) but at least a CLA250.

It's one thing that this is a $45K car, it's another when it's coming from "MERCEDES" which is supposed to be/feel luxurious.

Wish me luck!
So you didn't like the A-class, I get it. But now you're looking at getting into a CLA. Hmm...I WILL wish you luck.

For the record, an A-class or CLA is not a luxurious car. It's an economy car.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 03-24-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:06 AM

A220
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
So you didn't like the A-class, I get it. But now you're looking at getting into a CLA. Hmm...I WILL wish you luck.

the CLA wasn’t even acknowledged yet. I do prefer the coupe design a bit more. And no, it’s not that I didn’t like the A class, I did

But if you had any of the issues I’ve had, you’d think twice before staying with that brand. I would have to disagree about it being a luxury model

Thats all they spit out are luxury vehicles. They just didn’t decide to do any QC on this car, probably because I may have had one of the first vehicles. I’m not sure.

a $45000 car shouldn’t have panels that scream at you for being touched. You shouldn’t have sensors go bad left and right and you shouldn’t have an exploding sunroof due to misalignment in 2 weeks of driving.

Probably shouldn’t have a transmission that jerks you back and forth and be “normal” when none of the A220 loaners did it.

While it might be their cheapest car, its not an excuse to release a product where you’ll be playing “whack a mole” the entire life of the vehicle.

sure, it doesn’t have alcantara trim, it’s not $100,000.

But I shouldn’t take it into the shop more than my Chevy S10 1993 for the entire life of the vehicle with 20x the mileage.

Vehicles are investments, im willing to give Mercedes a 2nd chance, but only if they make the situation worth the worst car experience I have ever had..... not just from any manufacturer, but one known to be a luxury brand.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MB W177 A250 4Matic
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey

Its not economy car because economy cars are Dacia, PSA Group, Korean and Jap Cars not BMW/Audi/MB/Jag and other brands that cost much more than the rest
Old 03-25-2020, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 697 Likes on 518 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
Seems the more you read the more "THE BEST OR NOTHING" statement by MBUSA is a big fat lie...

They should never have a car get to where a customer wants to give it back because of whatever reason...

This is not the MB I grew up with.
The following users liked this post:
E55Greasemonkey (03-27-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 01:38 AM

A220
Just a small update. I did try to negotiate with them to see if they were willing to work something out to stay within the brand. They only offered me a $1500 incentive towards another Mercedes. I then asked what would they do with the vehicle if they repurchase it. They stated the dealership would put it back on a lot for resale.

It's a lemon. Even though I'm getting out of the car, I would feel bad if someone got INTO the same car not knowing what they're jumping into. I'm pretty tempted to contact a lawyer and have them do an actual lemon law on the vehicle instead of making the transaction quickly. That way Mercedes can take an actual loss on it as I have. People tend to forget that your time is valuable. Take whatever your hourly wage is and subtract that out of all the times you had to go to a dealership for issues (mine was about 2 hours each drive, roughly 16+ trips. My normal hourly wage is about $75 an hour) that's $2400 in just driving I have wasted on this car. Now don't forget all the waiting, sitting around. the calls, giving up other times to adhere to the schedule they set and so on.

That $1500 'incentive' doesn't cover a 1/3 of the time I wasted. I just also don't want to drive around waiting for a lawsuit to end while I'm driving this piece of poop around, especially during the Pandemic where it'll be collecting dust for months more than likely before seeing any resolution.

More than likely, I'm going to be getting a Tesla Model Y or 3. Cheaper, faster, tons of tech. I'll miss the infotainment and the interior design and that's about it.