Noise on front wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Class A200
Question Noise on front wheel

Hi guys,

Its my first post so bear with me on this one. I just wanted to know if any of you have had the same problem: Ever since the first 5.000km of my A Class A200 or so, there is a strange noise on the front left wheel when I go over 70-80km/h, however, it is not always. It especially happens when I start driving it but I do not think its a matter of warming up the engine as I always wait 2-5 minutes before even moving the car and I try not to rev it until its warm. It sounds as if a small metal object in that area was moving with the wind and hitting the car. I know it could be thousands of things but maybe someone has had the same issue. It has already 20.000km and in its first maintenaince I asked them to look under the car and see if there was something wrong in that area. They didnt find anything however they wanted to charge me 80 euros to line up the 4 wheels which I dont think has nothing to do and the car goes almost perfectly straight when I dont touch the steering wheel.

Any ideas??? Thank you!!!
Old 05-06-2021, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A220 4 Matic
It sounds like you have something loose inside your tire. I haven't had any strange noises like that with mine, other than some shaking when I'm at 60-65mph (also strange).
Old 05-06-2021, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 366 Likes on 303 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
It might be a defective wheel bearing. Bad wheel bearings can make such noises.