W176 Radio Head Unit - Japanese Import - Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W176
Question W176 Radio Head Unit - Japanese Import - Wiring Diagram

Hi folks - just resurrecting this thread by @Aussie_E350_Wag but said I'd post a new thread also under the W176 category for the shiny paperweight I've made of the below model...

I'm hoping to replace this head unit as I've managed to kill it after an attempted change of region and it triggering the utterly pointless anti-theft protection system and because the car is now in Europe, there appears to be no way to unlock it with European software, so it's now a fantastic paperweight.

Here's the question though - per the diagram found in the thread linked, I've now found 2 different connectors on the back that seem to not have any description on any other threads or the internet broadly as to their purpose (marked in purple below). Taking the diagram posted, I've marked the ones we're confident on - but have no idea what these are.

I want to replace this head unit with an ECE unit and am happy to lose some features, such as TV Tuner and the like but I want to retain USB-IN and REAR CAMERA but I don't know what these two are and whether they're essential (I can't find an ECE unit with these connectors).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Unit Variant: A2469008913
Description: Head Unit High JP Single
Model: NR-207
HW: A2489012002
SW: A2129026309
Year: June-2015
Sequence: NR-2071JBS2462

​​​​​​​