HUD and CarPlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 AMG C63S
HUD and CarPlay

Does anyone know if the HUD syncs with Apple CarPlay's navigation? I am currently looking into buying this car, and I want to know if the HUD is worth the price. Also, if anyone as the HUD, can you upload pictures of what it looks like? None of the cars at my local dealership have the option. Thank you!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Krompressor Sport
Originally Posted by rongpanda
Does anyone know if the HUD syncs with Apple CarPlay's navigation? I am currently looking into buying this car, and I want to know if the HUD is worth the price. Also, if anyone as the HUD, can you upload pictures of what it looks like? None of the cars at my local dealership have the option. Thank you!
*** First off, a note: my pictures seriously don’t do the HUD justice, it’s much brighter, easier to see, and larger than my phone could pick up.
I love it!!

with that being said:

No it doesn’t, at least not with the hud I have, if there are other ones.
The hud has 3 sections.
Left has a few options about usage.
Middle is speed, with two ways to show it.
Right is driver assist.

In one one of my pictures, the left has what looks like a diamond crossed out. I think that is for MBUX navigation, which my car doesn’t have.

However, in my setup, I have CarPlay showing the current song in the driver screen which is cool. I don’t need 3 different places showing my speed.

With g-forces shown.

With no nav option shown.

Showing the CarPlay song playing in driver screen.

Zoom in of HUD.