Help! A180 2016 won’t start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A180
Help! A180 2016 won’t start

Hi all,

I hope someone can please help me as I am in a pickle and my mechanic has reached a dead end.

Recently it has been super cold I usually leave my car in the garage but I left it outside when I returned to it, it wouldn’t start.

My first thought was the battery was dead, as it would take a little long to start during previous days. I had no luck I tried Jump starting it and had no luck. I tried starting the start stop battery and the other battery. I called out AA who said it was the battery terminal, which could have been affected by the jump start. I ordered a new battery terminal but the car still wouldn’t start. I have since also changed the battery on the vehicle but it still doesn’t start.

The only things I had touched before the car had any issue was the fuse in the battery, but I immediately replaced the fuse. I had also previously cleared some fault codes, so my next thought may have been the key was programmed and I didn’t turn the key which may have re programmed it. But the key goes into ignition fine and it turns but doesn’t crank.

My mechanic then attempted to connect a live wire to the starter motor and the car started. Since then the car stopped working again and when he passes a live to the starter it doesn’t work. The car used to also go into neutral previously but now it doesn’t. A fault code also appeared on to the diagnostic which stated communication with the intelligent servo module has a malfunction. There is a general failure.

Please can someone help me as I’m really stuck and have been without a car for a long time. I am also scared my bills will be much more significant if I have to take my car to Mercedes.
Old 12-20-2022, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 770 Likes on 749 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W176 forum...
Old 03-19-2023, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Researching
Originally Posted by Haz_22
Hi all,

I hope someone can please help me as I am in a pickle and my mechanic has reached a dead end.

Recently it has been super cold I usually leave my car in the garage but I left it outside when I returned to it, it wouldn’t start.

My first thought was the battery was dead, as it would take a little long to start during previous days. I had no luck I tried Jump starting it and had no luck. I tried starting the start stop battery and the other battery. I called out AA who said it was the battery terminal, which could have been affected by the jump start. I ordered a new battery terminal but the car still wouldn’t start. I have since also changed the battery on the vehicle but it still doesn’t start.

The only things I had touched before the car had any issue was the fuse in the battery, but I immediately replaced the fuse. I had also previously cleared some fault codes, so my next thought may have been the key was programmed and I didn’t turn the key which may have re programmed it. But the key goes into ignition fine and it turns but doesn’t crank.

My mechanic then attempted to connect a live wire to the starter motor and the car started. Since then the car stopped working again and when he passes a live to the starter it doesn’t work. The car used to also go into neutral previously but now it doesn’t. A fault code also appeared on to the diagnostic which stated communication with the intelligent servo module has a malfunction. There is a general failure.

Please can someone help me as I’m really stuck and have been without a car for a long time. I am also scared my bills will be much more significant if I have to take my car to Mercedes.
I see this quite old. Did you find a solution?