A-Class (W177) (V177) 2018 to present

Interior Fuse Box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 03:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A220
Interior Fuse Box

I'm going to wire up a fuse piggyback for a dash cam, I have no experience getting to the fuse box in these cars. Manual says just to pull the carpet back but it looks like the plastic door trim snaps into slots on the side of the carpet. Does the plastic need to be remove or do I just need to man up and really pull the carpet?
Old 07-31-2019, 12:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
You have to remove the plastic door trim. Then a few screws on the fuse box cover. To get a diagram of the layout you need to open the front fuse box under the hood. There are some unused accessory slots that you can use. Looks really difficult but it's not. It's easy to run the wire up to the dashboard as you can just tuck it in.
The following users liked this post:
Thomas Soraci (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 12:36 AM

A220
Thanks for the tips! Is there a special way to remove the plastic door trim over the carpet or does it pop in and out?
Old 07-31-2019, 10:04 AM

2022 C300 4Matic
Just pops out easily.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:37 PM

A220
Success! I piggy backed off fuse 124, the front socket/cig lighter. And it seems to be working as it should. On and off with the car. Was able to hide the wire nicely too 👍

Last edited by Thomas Soraci; 07-31-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:39 PM

A220
For future reference, here is the fuse box location, and the fuse diagram which was located in the fuse box under the hood.

ZacMatic (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 10:32 PM

2022 C300 4Matic

A220 Interior Fuse Box
Great job. I used 125, an unused slot next to 124 for a radar detector camera combo I installed.

Last edited by Givmeabrek; 07-31-2019 at 10:54 PM.
ZacMatic (08-01-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A200
How exactly do I access the passenger fuse compartment?
I understand I had to remove the foot mats, then the floor carpet, but cant do that properly because there is a plastic piece (panel) covering the sills and going up on the door.
How do I remove that piece? Tried to pull it away from one side (from the bottom) but is still stuck into some hinge or some other restrain system and I dont want to break or rip anything. Can anyone explain how to remove that plastic panel so I can remove the carpet properly?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2020, 09:35 PM

2020 Mercedes-Benz A-Class 4-Matic
Check Engine Light Fuse?

Originally Posted by Givmeabrek

A220 Interior Fuse Box
Great job. I used 125, an unused slot next to 124 for a radar detector camera combo I installed.

Is there a fuse that causes the check engine light to turn on?
Old 02-13-2020, 01:34 PM

A220
Originally Posted by Arise
How exactly do I access the passenger fuse compartment?
I understand I had to remove the foot mats, then the floor carpet, but cant do that properly because there is a plastic piece (panel) covering the sills and going up on the door.
How do I remove that piece? Tried to pull it away from one side (from the bottom) but is still stuck into some hinge or some other restrain system and I dont want to break or rip anything. Can anyone explain how to remove that plastic panel so I can remove the carpet properly?

Thanks!
remove the weather stripping, then the plastic doorsill
Old 07-03-2020, 06:45 PM

2020 A220
Newbie Installing Dashcam

Hey guys,

First time trying to install a dash cam into a Mercedes and I am having trouble with the interior trim panel.

How many panels are suppose to come off to access the fuse box in the 2020 A220. As far as I can tell 2 panels need to be removed. The panel covering the carpet hiding the fuse box and the panel that is covering that panel attached to the dashboard.

Removing the dashboard panel is no problem. It is the panel that covers the fuse box carpet that I simply cannot remove. I can hear the clips pop off from the part of the trim closes to the carpet. But the long part of the trim which runs along side the car. I am unable to pop it off. The side closes to the seat lifts off, but the side of that panel towards the door does not.

Are all the panels held on by clips? I am using the proper tools to pry the trim but I am afraid to use too much force. I have read that it should be clips, but this seems really stuck on for just a “clip”. There was another comment that said to remove the weather sealing in order to remove the panel since it be can be put back, but my weather sealing does not appear to be removable without tearing it apart. It appears to be partly heat shrinked to the metal frame.

I just want to get to the fuse box so I can install my dash cam. If I could just get this panel off properly then everything else would be straight forward.

Just can’t seem to figure it out.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:15 PM

A220
Originally Posted by Rjaymk
Hey guys,

First time trying to install a dash cam into a Mercedes and I am having trouble with the interior trim panel.

How many panels are suppose to come off to access the fuse box in the 2020 A220. As far as I can tell 2 panels need to be removed. The panel covering the carpet hiding the fuse box and the panel that is covering that panel attached to the dashboard.

Removing the dashboard panel is no problem. It is the panel that covers the fuse box carpet that I simply cannot remove. I can hear the clips pop off from the part of the trim closes to the carpet. But the long part of the trim which runs along side the car. I am unable to pop it off. The side closes to the seat lifts off, but the side of that panel towards the door does not.

Are all the panels held on by clips? I am using the proper tools to pry the trim but I am afraid to use too much force. I have read that it should be clips, but this seems really stuck on for just a “clip”. There was another comment that said to remove the weather sealing in order to remove the panel since it be can be put back, but my weather sealing does not appear to be removable without tearing it apart. It appears to be partly heat shrinked to the metal frame.

I just want to get to the fuse box so I can install my dash cam. If I could just get this panel off properly then everything else would be straight forward.

Just can’t seem to figure it out.
The weather stripping came off mine pretty easily, just get it started and it will kind of peel out of frame, and it's easy to put back in so don't worry. The panel is held by clips and yeah you have to use a little muscle to get it off. I word start with the section closest to the front of the car and work your way back. Post some pics if you still need help, want to make sure we are talking about the right parts.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:58 PM

C250d W205. A35 W177
Going to be wiring dash cam into an A35. Thanks for the info and pics. What did you use as ground point?
Old 07-13-2020, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 A220
Originally Posted by Thomas Soraci
The weather stripping came off mine pretty easily, just get it started and it will kind of peel out of frame, and it's easy to put back in so don't worry. The panel is held by clips and yeah you have to use a little muscle to get it off. I word start with the section closest to the front of the car and work your way back. Post some pics if you still need help, want to make sure we are talking about the right parts.
Some pics would be great, I'm looking to hard wire a dash cam also.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:39 PM

A250 4Matic
Question Fuse enquiry

Many thanks for all the useful info re fitting a Dashcam, but I would like to know which fuse outlet will give me a permanent live rather than a switched live? It's for the fuse box in the passenger footwell. Thank you