A250 Amg Line Saloon - Mercedes Me - Interior Alarm False Alert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A250 AMG Line Saloon (2019)
Question A250 Amg Line Saloon - Mercedes Me - Interior Alarm False Alert

Hi Guys,

First time poster as reaching out for some help! Been leasing an A250 AMG Line Saloon since August and been using Mercedes Me without much faff since then.

Yesterday I went to unlock my car as I normally do and heard a very loud single beep which I think was the interior alarm momentarily going off. I got to my destination and locked up but when I checked the app a few minutes later I noticed I had an alert saying my interior alarm was (if I'm interpreting this correctly) active e.g. sounding off.

So I go back down to the car to check everything is well and the car is locked, the little red light by the window is flashing so all good. I hold down the button in the app to "switch off" and it looks like it completes successfully but the state never changes and it still shows the same as shown in the screenshots indicating that an alarm is currently going off.

Steps I've taken so far....

1) I've cleared Data History in the app and signed out back in
2) Called Mercedes from the app but the guy (bless him) didn't really understand the issue
3) Disabled and re-enabled the alarm notification service from the Mercedes Me web portal

Just thought I'd reach out before further troubleshooting or contacting a dealership for investigation....

Last edited by Tonus; 09-28-2019 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
on my Mercedes me, the hood always shows red " -- ", but i have actually closed my hood, don't know why.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:28 PM

GLA
wait, why you have "P collision alarm " ??? <- this is very useful!!! which country are you in?
Old 10-01-2019, 08:04 AM

Ah yes should have said, I am in the UK. Is this a predominantly US board? Anyhow thanks for the info...,I guess this is just buggy software but might reach out to a local dealership and see if they can advise. Main concern is the alarm was at fault but I don't "think" that is the case.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:13 AM

So a couple of days ago the app seems to have cleared the alert itself and everything is showing as it should.

Maybe the services weren't available? Maybe its by design? Don't think I'll ever find out but hopefully this experience helps someone some day....
Old 10-04-2019, 09:21 AM

GLA
Originally Posted by Tonus
So a couple of days ago the app seems to have cleared the alert itself and everything is showing as it should.

Maybe the services weren't available? Maybe its by design? Don't think I'll ever find out but hopefully this experience helps someone some day....

at least in Canada, this services is not available, this is very very useful thing, they should make it available in US and Canada, so many people bump others car in parking lot and run away.

i'm actually installing my own 360 degrees camera with recording system myself. i will show the result once i complete.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:24 AM

Sounds interesting mate as we have same issues in the UK -

Thing to bare in mind with these apps though is that there will likely be a variable delay before it reaches your phone.

So if someone bumps your car and the alarm is triggered, its then got to go through the mobile network to Mercedes online services, then all the way back again before it pops up on your mobile. Chances are that by the time you open your phone and check the alert matey will be gone but its a nice idea at least

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2019, 09:57 AM

GLA
Originally Posted by Tonus
Sounds interesting mate as we have same issues in the UK -

Thing to bare in mind with these apps though is that there will likely be a variable delay before it reaches your phone.

So if someone bumps your car and the alarm is triggered, its then got to go through the mobile network to Mercedes online services, then all the way back again before it pops up on your mobile. Chances are that by the time you open your phone and check the alert matey will be gone but its a nice idea at least
i think MB is rolling out collision alarm with photo/recording function, it will record an evident for that collision, <- this is super good,