A-Class (W177) (V177) 2018 to present

Illuminated Star

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a220
Illuminated Star

I want to replace the front star on my 2019 a-220 with an illuminated one, but I can't figure out how to remove it from the grille. Some say twist, others say there are hinge clips that need to be released, but I can't find a reliable source. I've tried twisting but it feels like I'm about to break something. The one youtube video I found about removing the emblem from an a-class, the emblems don't match.

Does anyone know how to take off the front star emblem?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2019, 09:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
I looked at this earlier when I first picked up the vehicle. Our emblems I believe are clipped if I'm not mistaken. I will have to verify again as it was a few months ago I checked.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a220
@Deriggs007 If they are clipped, how do you access them? Do you use a spudger to wedge between the plastic or do you go through the back? From the engine bay looks like you'd have too take off the bumper to get at the grill, so going from the back looks like a ton of work.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
You shouldn't have to take the grill off. I will try to look at the vehicle once I actually get it back (in shop yet again). I believe there are some screws that pop off from behind the bumper that will losen the grill and allow you to pop it out or up. There was a video on youtube on how to do the grill and emblem replacement with the one that we have.

I looked online on our OEM and it is definitely one that is popped/snapped in. I don't think it's a twist, but could be.