Internet in the car imported w177

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W177 180
Internet in the car imported w177

Hello,
I bought a W177 imported from Germany and the seller reconfigured the help call button and the concierge call button for my language.
My problem is that I can't use the Vodafone in the car connection for music and hotspot.
I created some accounts from the car and also from the Vodafone web page all seems fine with those accounts, but when I tried to merge the account with the car the procedure doesn’t work.
I wrote an email and I spoke with Mercedes and also with Vodafone helpdesk. Both said that the other one must solve the problem.
Someone of you had the same problem?
Any advice?
thank you.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c180
Originally Posted by Epa84
Hello,
I bought a W177 imported from Germany and the seller reconfigured the help call button and the concierge call button for my language.
My problem is that I can't use the Vodafone in the car connection for music and hotspot.
I created some accounts from the car and also from the Vodafone web page all seems fine with those accounts, but when I tried to merge the account with the car the procedure doesn’t work.
I wrote an email and I spoke with Mercedes and also with Vodafone helpdesk. Both said that the other one must solve the problem.
Someone of you had the same problem?
Any advice?
thank you.
hello. I have the same issue with a w206. Did you solve the issue? Thank you
Old 06-13-2023, 05:13 PM

W177 180
No, I didn't find a solution.
I didn't try other way, maybe I think a solution could be connect with a VPN to the Vodafone in the car website of car's origin (Germany in my case) and create a new account but in that case i don't know what appen with the connection in particular
with the roaming.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:16 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C160
If the built-in SIM is country-specific then it will always be recognised as German market by Vodafone (Internet In The Car).

You can log in to the German site from your computer without a VPN by going to internetinthecar.vodafone.com then use the world/globe icon at the top right of the screen to choose Germany as your country, then confirm it. If you are lucky you also have the choice between German and English languages. But if not, and the page switches to German just click on that icon again and change to English.

You will see that there is an explanation of free roaming across Vodafone and its partner networks.

So, from there I believe it will be possible to register from the car with a German account - my memory of doing this is that you have to set it up from the car so that Vodafone will recognise the car directly on the mobile network, even if you are roaming by being in Italy when you do this.

On a separate note: you may need the assistance of a Mercedes dealer to be able to register the car with a MercedesMe account. You should do this anyway to be sure that the car does not remain registered with the former owner, who might retain functions from knowing the location of the car to being able to unlock it remotely.

NB you do not need Internet In The Car to be able to use the MercedesMe app.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-20-2023, 06:31 AM

W177 180
Hello,
thanks for the reply.
I tried to use the German website from my place but when i created the account at the end the account didn't link with the car.
I tried the procedure with the Vodafone support and they said That they can't find my account on "their side" although I was logged in the "vodafone in the car" website.
For this reason I said That maybe a solution could be using a VPN.
I'll try again maybe they change somethings
Old 06-20-2023, 10:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C160
Do you have any idea if you were speaking with Vodafone Internet in the Car Service Desk, with Vodafone Germany, or whoever is the Vodafone partner in Italy? If definitely the Internet in the Car then I have no other suggestions, very sorry.

EDIT: I do, actually. Was the car previously registered with the service and might that be blocking it from reregistering?
Old 06-21-2023, 03:20 PM

W177 180
Smile

Ok I solved

I created a new account from the Vodafone internet in the car web site (they change something on the website it's different from the last time i tried to register an account), I choose german/english and make all the procedure out of the car from my smartphone. After that I connected the car to the new Vodafone account following the istruction (credit card is mandatory but they didn't take money)
Now I'm trying Tidal.