A-Class (W177) (V177) 2018 to present

A250e dynamic select (driving modes) problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB A 250e
Question A250e dynamic select (driving modes) problems

Hi. I have A250e plugin hybrid (the autumn 2020 factory line). I have had problems with the driving modes since the the very start every now and then (once in two months or so). When I start the car the driving mode 'is missing' (see pic 1). You cannot change the mode, the selection switch does not any effect. If the mode was on Electric it stays there no matter what. When I restart it sometimes helps to get the modes back. But if you already hit the road it's frustrating if you wanted to save the battery for later use and drive on fuel till then, but the car uses here the battery to 0% first and then changes to fuel.

The problem may appear also vice versa, while on Electric the engine may start e.g. on acceleration on cold weather. Here you cannot switch back to Electric, the engine still runs on fuel no matter what (see pic 2). This is frustrating if you would want to save engine/fuel on cold weather.

Anyone with similar problems? Have you had it fixed in the service? For me they have just updated the software but this has not solved the problem at all.

pic1

pic2