A-Class (W177) (V177) 2018 to present

How To Guide - Replace Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 10:24 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 Mercedes GL350 Bluetec (X166) & 2019 Mercedes A220 (W177) & Retired 2008 Mercedes C300 (W204)
How To Guide - Replace Cabin Air Filter

Hi All,

I noticed the A Class forum is not as active as some of the others I'm on, so I wanted do my part to contribute to the forum with some how to guides to post. I recently had to retire the Mercedes C300 (W204) as part of a trade in for a 2019 Mercedes A220. This is now the 5th Mercedes in the family and the 2nd A220, the other vehicles include GL350, 2 - ML350's and now 2 - A220's.

This how to guide is for replacing the interior cabin air filter in a 2019 Mercedes A220, this should be a similar process for all years. This is a basic and easy process and is recommended it be changed annually.

Part: Cabin Air Filter
Mercedes Part# - A247 830 72 03 / A247 830 08 00
Corteco - CTO-49457424

Corteco Cabin Air Filter

Corteco Cabin Air Filter

Step by Step Guide
Step 1 - On the passenger side, move the seat all the way back and remove the carpet floor mat or rubber floor mat.

Passenger Side

Passenger Side with floor mat removed

Step 2 - Look underneath foot well and locate the rectangle cabin filter cover, there are 2 clips that hold this in place (See circled in red in images below). Pinch these 2 clips to remove cover panel.

Location of cabin filter

Clip 1

Clip 2

Cabin Filter cover removed

Step 3 - Note the direction of the air flow of the existing filter. (Flowing to the front of the vehicle). Remove the cabin filter. This is a slight challenge due to limited space but just pull the filter out.

Note airflow direction

Pull cabin filter out

Comparison of the old and new filter

Part number of the OEM part

Optional - Take a cloth and clean inside the cabin filter housing.

Step 4 - Install new cabin air filter. Ensure the airflow is pointing in the right direction. Clean the access cover previously removed before installing and note the 2 holes in the filter align with the access cover.

Installed new cabin filter

Clean the access cover!

Align the 2 poles with the holes on the filter when installing the cover panel

Step 5 - Vacuum any debris that would have fallen on the carpet and then reinstall the floor mat.

Complete
The following users liked this post:
Homer Oz (12-25-2023)