Classic Mercedes DIY tips and hints Discussion forum to share your DIY projects.

82 300sd rear brake bleeding problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1982 300SD
82 300sd rear brake bleeding problem

I just replaced the rear brakes on my 300sd one of the brake hoses had recently been replaced but the other was old and cracked so i replaced just that one and when i went to bleed the system i couldnt get any real fluid to come out, after awhile i started to get a dribble.
I tried using a vacuum bleeder to see if that would be easier but it gave the same results. At this point i figured the seals on the master cylinder must have gotten ripped from bleeding, i replaced the master cylinder and bled it.
Tried the rear caliper again and still got no more than a dribble of fluid. I cracked each line on the junction block above the diff and got fluid there, closed them back up and tried bleeding the calipers again this time with the car running and at first i started to get fluid pressure but after cracking the bleeder a few times it went right back to just a dribble.
Im not sure where to go from here if anyone has any advice id be happy to hear it