Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

rep, Lorinser LM6 black with polished lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... Quite a long discussion here. Anyways, I don't think people set up this forum so people can buy and sell like a retailer and around list prices. The purpose here is for educate each other about "fair value" which can be vague. But if someone's comment can scare away buyers like the rims don't worth that much then that is probably some truth to it. I have a set a good condition 19' staggered BBS RSGT and if I try to ask for $2000 people are not scare away educated potential buyers by saying that they are not worth that much because people around here know the kind of quality BBS provide and price they ask for. If people do enough research around here they will never pay that much for a replica. You should consulted with us here before paying $2600 (giving you the benefit of the doubt). To be fair, these replicas are of nice quality but think about these, they cost almost as much as some brand name wheels which should not have made sense to anyone to begin with.
This is not a place to "do business" but a car enthusiasts forum for people share same passion and experiences. BTW, you sales process is lousy in my opinion when you use EBAY as a threat because ebay are listing similiar products for less brand new. That is why we pass along a good deal when we see one and "educate" other while we think it's not a good deal.

I know business is business, but in this forum if someone else finds a better deal somewhere else we have to right to inform others that is why this is a thread and not a post where people can comment on it. If you're afraid of comments post somewhere else.
I think is fair to say that people are looking for good deals here

Last edited by lewisliaw; 06-26-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:44 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
thanks

Originally Posted by lewisliaw
Wow... Quite a long discussion here. Anyways, I don't think people set up this forum so people can buy and sell like a retailer and around list prices. The purpose here is for educate each other about "fair value" which can be vague. But if someone's comment can scare away buyers like the rims don't worth that much then that is probably some truth to it. I have a set a good condition 19' staggered BBS RSGT and if I try to ask for $2000 people are not scare away educated potential buyers by saying that they are not worth that much because people around here know the kind of quality BBS provide and price they ask for. If people do enough research around here they will never pay that much for a replica. You should consulted with us here before paying $2600 (giving you the benefit of the doubt). To be fair, these replicas are of nice quality but think about these, they cost almost as much as some brand name wheels which should not have made sense to anyone to begin with.
This is not a place to "do business" but a car enthusiasts forum for people share same passion and experiences. BTW, you sales process is lousy in my opinion when you use EBAY as a threat because ebay are listing similiar products for less brand new. That is why we pass along a good deal when we see one and "educate" other while we think it's not a good deal.

I know business is business, but in this forum if someone else finds a better deal somewhere else we have to right to inform others that is why this is a thread and not a post where people can comment on it. If you're afraid of comments post somewhere else.
I think is fair to say that people are looking for good deals here
i appreciate you educating me in how forums and business works, however i dont think i need help, especially in the business sector. The wheel/tire set cost me that much b/c $217 went to mounting/balancing alone. i live in LI and WILL ADMIT got railed b/c they know people will pay that price. an hour after i got them installed i found out i couldve went somewhere else and got it for like $80. anyway, i bought the wheels from a member on this forum so if anything i GOT RIPPED OFF FROM HIM! As far as the tires, those cost over $1000 (as of today) which includes warranty and before shipping charges and mine are used very little. chalk marks still remain and i would say over 90% tread on all 4s. so even though the market may be selling the same rims brand new for $800 thats before all the additional costs you and most people dont realise until the set is actually installed on the car: which includes... Paint, tires, caps, bolts shipping, etc...

THE REASON why i responded with an EBAY post wasnt to threaten anyone. i dont know how it seemed like a threat? it was more of a BUY IT NOW option for the forum members.

ALSO, the fact that i responded harshly to some is because instead of how you said EDUCATE people and help eachother out, they BASHED me and EMBARASSED ME and even said incorrect information (which they found out later was wrong info. to begin with) all that in-turn affected possible sale(s). they might say im crying or whatever (childish attitude). Truth is $2600 doesnt mean a darn thing to me... its the principal of the whole situation. and the fact is i couldve taken the false-info. and harrasment (from a couple of people) to AN ONLINE-LEGAL level. but this is just a forum and i understand that and also understand that im going to lose about 40% of what i paid for them. IM JUST TRYING TO MINIMIZE MY LOSSES LIKE EVERYONE AND EVERY BUSINESS does. you dont like the asking price you have the right as a possible buyer to bargain. im not a retail store! also, it was suggested @$2000 which i knew would get less offers so started high. LIKE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM DOES.

Dispite all the BS, i enjoy this forum alot an have been educated on just about every subject i now know of. so THANKS to you and all the OTHER FORUM members!

here is a great Example of my situation. you see a bootleg DVD for sale on the corner of the street @$20 you dont yell/curse at him or tell people its a VHS. you simply state i would never pay more then say $5-$10. HONESTLY, is that any different then what happen to me on this forum?

i got verbally abused and really got hurt by some people attitude towards my post. they couldve easily replied "i think these should be somewhere in the under $1800 range" not how i was responed to.

is this better for some: $1600 with pick up or BEFORE SHIPPING TAKES IT!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
Originally Posted by AdaMBombC32G
i appreciate you educating me in how forums and business works, however i dont think i need help, especially in the business sector. The wheel/tire set cost me that much b/c $217 went to mounting/balancing alone. i live in LI and WILL ADMIT got railed b/c they know people will pay that price. an hour after i got them installed i found out i couldve went somewhere else and got it for like $80. anyway, i bought the wheels from a member on this forum so if anything i GOT RIPPED OFF FROM HIM! As far as the tires, those cost over $1000 (as of today) which includes warranty and before shipping charges and mine are used very little. chalk marks still remain and i would say over 90% tread on all 4s. so even though the market may be selling the same rims brand new for $800 thats before all the additional costs you and most people dont realise until the set is actually installed on the car: which includes... Paint, tires, caps, bolts shipping, etc...

THE REASON why i responded with an EBAY post wasnt to threaten anyone. i dont know how it seemed like a threat? it was more of a BUY IT NOW option for the forum members.

ALSO, the fact that i responded harshly to some is because instead of how you said EDUCATE people and help eachother out, they BASHED me and EMBARASSED ME and even said incorrect information (which they found out later was wrong info. to begin with) all that in-turn affected possible sale(s). they might say im crying or whatever (childish attitude). Truth is $2600 doesnt mean a darn thing to me... its the principal of the whole situation. and the fact is i couldve taken the false-info. and harrasment (from a couple of people) to AN ONLINE-LEGAL level. but this is just a forum and i understand that and also understand that im going to lose about 40% of what i paid for them. IM JUST TRYING TO MINIMIZE MY LOSSES LIKE EVERYONE AND EVERY BUSINESS does. you dont like the asking price you have the right as a possible buyer to bargain. im not a retail store! also, it was suggested @$2000 which i knew would get less offers so started high. LIKE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM DOES.

Dispite all the BS, i enjoy this forum alot an have been educated on just about every subject i now know of. so THANKS to you and all the OTHER FORUM members!

here is a great Example of my situation. you see a bootleg DVD for sale on the corner of the street @$20 you dont yell/curse at him or tell people its a VHS. you simply state i would never pay more then say $5-$10. HONESTLY, is that any different then what happen to me on this forum?

i got verbally abused and really got hurt by some people attitude towards my post. they couldve easily replied "i think these should be somewhere in the under $1800 range" not how i was responed to.

is this better for some: $1600 with pick up or BEFORE SHIPPING TAKES IT!

i know its hard sometimes to face the facts on the current market value of a used item. i baught AMG rims for 2800, put NItto555 on for 1K (less than 100 miles on the tires when i sold them). so thats 3,800. i sold them for 800 last week. the market is very soft for used rims my friend.

good luck tho!
Mark
Old 06-27-2006, 01:25 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
thanks

Originally Posted by RedMongoosE
i know its hard sometimes to face the facts on the current market value of a used item. i baught AMG rims for 2800, put NItto555 on for 1K (less than 100 miles on the tires when i sold them). so thats 3,800. i sold them for 800 last week. the market is very soft for used rims my friend.

good luck tho!
Mark
YEH WHAT CAN WE DO. thanks buddy
Old 07-17-2006, 01:29 PM

clean my house

any offers. i need space in my garage so i must get these out of here.

any reasonable offers will be accepted.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:19 PM

2016 E63s AMG
any offers. i need space in my garage so i must get these out of here.

any reasonable offers will be accepted.
Will these fit a clk?

If they do then I will think that

I can take them for 1500 an I will pick them up.

I have a friend that wants them for his car.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:26 PM

Bump - Pm Replied!

Originally Posted by ernster
Will these fit a clk?

If they do then I will think that

I can take them for 1500 an I will pick them up.

I have a friend that wants them for his car.
replied to your PM thanks for your interest - Adam
Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM

05 E500 Wagon
Bump for three reasons:

1.we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of this post (and it’s still going…this may be a record for a “for sale” post)

2.this is a real classic certainly worth a read from the start

3.I’ve sold quite a few sets of used wheels over the years and without exception have always had to “dump them” to get them sold…I appreciate your tenacity and the fact that, despite taking your knocks, you have wavered little and stood your ground for what you think is right

ps-if one of your current offers falls through...you may want to start a new thread for the wheels (this one is getting a bit hard to follow...and way too much drama) and then hop into the forums (for the cars that your wheels will fit on) and direct people to your "for sale" thread...a lot of people dont go to the "for sale" section of this site and simply hang out in the forums that pertain to their cars

Last edited by chenry; 07-18-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by chenry
Bump for three reasons:

1.we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of this post (and it’s still going…this may be a record for a “for sale” post)

2.this is a real classic certainly worth a read from the start

3.I’ve sold quite a few sets of used wheels over the years and without exception have always had to “dump them” to get them sold…I appreciate your tenacity and the fact that, despite taking your knocks, you have wavered little and stood your ground for what you think is right

ps-if one of your current offers falls through...you may want to start a new thread for the wheels (this one is getting a bit hard to follow...and way too much drama) and then hop into the forums (for the cars that your wheels will fit on) and direct people to your "for sale" thread...a lot of people dont go to the "for sale" section of this site and simply hang out in the forums that pertain to their cars
thanks for the bump. i really appreciate it. especially since it wasnt one to knock me down.

1 - im happy and unhappy (cause i still have them) thats its one of the longest... but it was more of a "feeler" back in the day, now its more "for sale"

2 - IT DEFINETLY IS A CLASSIC - some poeple just shouldnt talk especially if its something they are completely inaccurate and wrong about. i honestly think i couldve sold this set to the few people watching during the "cross-fire".

3 - at first i thought starting a new thread was "illegal". after finding out it wasnt i wanted to start one new but i thought about it twice and i realise, hey i got nothing to hide. plus some people ask the same question hundreds of times so even after all the BS in the thread it still serves as a FAQ (for the most part) for some, know what i mean.

but yeh i do have some offers and if they do fall through this time around i will take your word and i will repost. thanks again for the bump -
Old 08-14-2006, 12:32 PM

BUMP - For Sale for hopefully the very last time

ive had these f/s for about a year...

FOR SALE FOR $1600 O.B.O
(tires are in immaculate and almost unused condition as are the wheels...)

so JUST TO HELP ANYONE INTERESTED heres the $$$ situation...

you can find a new set of wheels for about +/- $1000 (painted BUT I/he COULD BE WRONG - as i WAS TOLD) &
tires (like mine - AND I HAVE 1.5 YEARS road hazard protection WHICH IS still transferable from TIRERACK.com) for about another $1000 or SO. These prices are all estimates and could be much less or more (to include shipping, bolts, caps, etc... which may/may not be included)

I DID THIS TO COVER MY A** AND SO PEOPLE DONT RESPOND LIKE THEY HAVE PREVIOUSLY...

i paid about $2600 at the time; APRIL OF 05' BUT HAVENT USED THEM SINCE AUGUST OF 05' SINCE THEN THEYVE BEEN SITTING IN MY GARAGE AND I JUST WANT TO SELL THEM TO FREE THAT SPACE FOR MY WINTER SET WHICH IS SITTING OUTSIDE AS OF RIGHT NOW.

Since i barely used them (YOU KNOW MY LOSS = YOUR GAIN stuff) i'll let the set with tires go for $1600. Shipping is your expense; unless you want to pick-up (which is free). $1600 (via PAYPAL or CASH only) or Better BUT REASONABLE offers... serious buyers only please! E-MAIL ATOMBOMB23@AOL.COM OR PM ME.

AND I KNOW IVE SAID THIS BEFORE BUT IM VERY OPEN AND WILLING TO SELL. PLEASE HELP AS I HOPE THIS IS THE LAST TIME I "BUMP" THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by AdaMBombC32G; 08-14-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:46 PM

bump - $1500

ive had these f/s for about a year...

FOR SALE FOR $1600 O.B.O
(tires are in immaculate and almost unused condition as are the wheels...)

so JUST TO HELP ANYONE INTERESTED heres the $$$ situation...

you can find a new set of wheels for about +/- $1000 (painted BUT I/he COULD BE WRONG - as i WAS TOLD) &
tires (like mine - AND I HAVE 1.5 YEARS road hazard protection WHICH IS still transferable from TIRERACK.com) for about another $1000 or SO. These prices are all estimates and could be much less or more (to include shipping, bolts, caps, etc... which may/may not be included)

I DID THIS TO COVER MY A** AND SO PEOPLE DONT RESPOND LIKE THEY HAVE PREVIOUSLY...

i paid about $2600 at the time; APRIL OF 05' BUT HAVENT USED THEM SINCE AUGUST OF 05' SINCE THEN THEYVE BEEN SITTING IN MY GARAGE AND I JUST WANT TO SELL THEM TO FREE THAT SPACE FOR MY WINTER SET WHICH IS SITTING OUTSIDE AS OF RIGHT NOW.

Since i barely used them (YOU KNOW MY LOSS = YOUR GAIN stuff) i'll let the set with tires go for $1600. Shipping is your expense; unless you want to pick-up (which is free). $1600 (via PAYPAL or CASH only) or Better BUT REASONABLE offers... serious buyers only please! E-MAIL ATOMBOMB23@AOL.COM OR PM ME.

AND I KNOW IVE SAID THIS BEFORE BUT IM VERY OPEN AND WILLING TO SELL. PLEASE HELP AS I HOPE THIS IS THE LAST TIME I "BUMP" THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

any offers, ill take $1500 with pickup!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
email sent!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 PM

bump - thanks!

Originally Posted by clkcadet
email sent!
E-mail replied, thanks alot
Old 08-23-2006, 02:08 PM

Done Deal!

I would like to thank CLKCADET for referring my wheels to his friend who bought them off me for a veryyyy generous price.... i hope he likes them as much as i did and still do. And lets not forget to mention hopefully he enjoys the attention especially from the ladies

i would also like to thank the people who bothered/lowballed/cursed or prevented me from previous sales = I want to send my apologies to anyone if i may have insulted them in any way/shape or form. you made my life a little more difficult then it already was/is - but no hard feelings!

ANYHOW, these are gone so i want to just say thanks and PLEASE WILL A MODERATOR get rid of this thread once and for all (or is it stuck here forever?)

thanks again - AB
Old 08-23-2006, 10:00 PM

2008 Aspen, 1970 Corvette, 2000 Corvette and 2009 Legacy Limited
This must be the one funniest threads I have ever read on the internet.

To the seller: Congratulations on the sale.

To the critics: Freedom of speech is wonderful

To the buyer: Hope you don't ever have to sell THESE wheels

Old 08-24-2006, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
LOL they look sick! I think they were a great buy and luckily my friend has a 2 year lease so he will get his moneys worth (already getting major compliments!)
Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM

E550 Cabriolet 2012 CLK 350 Lorinser LM6 19" (Retired)
I would like to thank CLKCADET for referring my wheels to his friend who bought them off me for a veryyyy generous price.... i hope he likes them as much as i did and still do. And lets not forget to mention hopefully he enjoys the attention especially from the ladies

i would also like to thank the people who bothered/lowballed/cursed or prevented me from previous sales = I want to send my apologies to anyone if i may have insulted them in any way/shape or form. you made my life a little more difficult then it already was/is - but no hard feelings!

ANYHOW, these are gone so i want to just say thanks and PLEASE WILL A MODERATOR get rid of this thread once and for all (or is it stuck here forever?)

thanks again - AB
they were nice while they lasted. 2 of them cracked in a decent sized pothole on the bqe.