Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

W208 Carlsson RS Replica Bumper For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 Carlsson RS Replica Bumper For Sale

I purchased this front bumper from Dronnelis a couple months ago & I painted and installed it myself,it has a few minor stress cracks from install but no damage, easily fixed at any reputable body shop.I have decided to sell it since my car is lowered and its a pain in the @** to drive it 2 my work with multiple inclines the bumper would scrape so I would have 2 use alternate parking, it fits very well and looked sick on the car it has no Euro license plate on it,in my opinion it looks much better that way.I will post pics soon,email me with serious offers.I never ended up getting foglights, but you may get them from dronnelis for approximately $70,also the bumper is painted silver.
Brian.

Last edited by BNZ430; 06-23-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Please post pictures of damages. How much and what color was it painted? Btw, does the foglight included?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
how much was paint and install...i havent got around to installing mine. Any issues with the fitment? and how much was it total to complete. Are you in socal?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by CurYousGee
how much was paint and install...i havent got around to installing mine. Any issues with the fitment? and how much was it total to complete. Are you in socal?

I did all the work myself and painted it with PPG B/C.I did approximately 2 hrs of prepping little flaws here and there but nothing serious whatsoever.I didn't have 2 many issues with fitment it aligned with bumpers quite well with minor adjustments of the 4 bolts attaching the front of bumper that are adjustable on the W208.I installed it and after a week or so noticed some,approximately 2 small stress cracks near corner of bumper.I test fitted before painting it of course by bolting it on 2 make sure it fit well & it did but once it was painted the stress from where the fenders & bumper meet caused it 2 crack,so it had already had them I believe but I didn't see them before painting but its very easy to fix,bumper is just too low for the amount of driving I do.
Cost $140 paint & approximately $60 for materials,so $200-$220.I got an estimate from a shop $740.
Im in AZ.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:20 PM

Hi
I am very interested if you can show somw Pic and ready to pay
Old 06-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by CLK A
Hi
I am very interested if you can show somw Pic and ready to pay
I will post pics tomorrow my camera is not working for some reason..
Old 06-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by BNZ430
I purchased this front bumper from Dronnelis a couple months ago & I painted and installed it myself,it has a few minor stress cracks from install but no damage, easily fixed at any reputable body shop.I have decided to sell it since my car is lowered and its a pain in the @** to drive it 2 my work with multiple inclines the bumper would scrape so I would have 2 use alternate parking, it fits very well and looked sick on the car it has no Euro license plate on it,in my opinion it looks much better that way.I will post pics soon,email me with serious offers.I never ended up getting foglights, but you may get them from dronnelis for approximately $70,also the bumper is painted silver.
Brian.
Here is some pics of my bumper:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Almost a Member!

[quote=bnz430]
The Pic Shows Where The Paint Bubbled From Hairline Crack You Cannot See The Actual Crack Its Too Small For Camera...

Last edited by BNZ430; 06-25-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
great work on the bumper Brian, during the painting process, was the finish on the bumper good enough to just prime and paint, or did it need to be sanded down a little more?

wannna paint mine? or have a buddy in LA that can do mine for a great price?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by CurYousGee
great work on the bumper Brian, during the painting process, was the finish on the bumper good enough to just prime and paint, or did it need to be sanded down a little more?

wannna paint mine? or have a buddy in LA that can do mine for a great price?
I had 2 sand it first,their were some uneven parts on the sides so I had 2 apply some filler,but I had it ready 4 paint in approximately 2 hrs.I would recommend having your buddy do it since he is local.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Brian.
BUMPER IS NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Brian.
I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP BUMPER AS A SPARE!!!NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!